Tuesday, August 12, 2008

How Things Work Out

Well, plans change at the change of a hat. It changed for me at 0730 yesterday morning. The hospital called me to inform me that my surgeon did not make it home from his Rome vacation. He was still in Cincinatti. My surgery will have to be rescheduled. Later when the office called, they wanted to reschedule for tomorrow. I told them I would have to rethink this whole situation, since I was already rescheduled once before. This would entail another round of bloodwork and changing around family commitments. Something from within said, wait this isn't right. Jeff didn't have a good feeling about the whole situation either. God may have used these circumstances to keep me from making a mistake. So, this Friday I see my regular doctor for a referral of another doctor. I'd like a second opinion. Needless to say, I am back to work and usual activities. With Danish Festival this weekend, taking Sarah to college next weekend and high school oriention the following weekend, this is not the time to have surgery anyway.

Matthew has been trying out for the school soccer team. He said today went much better than yesterday. Practices are all week, with team selection this weekend. He will miss out on some try out time tomorrow and Thursday since he has marching band rehearsal for the parade on Saturday. Jeff will be marching in the parade on Saturday as well.

Sarah is getting ready for college slowly. She is really enjoying watching the olympics. Evidently she is supposed to watch as much of the games as possible for her upcoming seminar class. Easy homework for her. She washed her new sheets and towels so they are ready for use in a week! Sniff Sniff, I am going to miss her! Anyway, Sarah went to get her sheets out of the dryer late last night and discovered another bat flying in the basement. She didn't mess with it, just ran upstairs and closed the door. We don't want them in the living area. Stay in the basement you Varmints! We hope the "batman" comes soon to get rid of the creatures.

I guess that is all the news for now. Thanks for all of your prayers.

~Grace