Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Time to Catch Up

Before I forget...look to the right column and see the youtube section. There are videos of Jeff's band (Danish Band) and the GHS band with Matthew. I asked Sarah to load the bowling video too. Check back if it is not there...it will be eventually.


We had a really nice weekend. Beautifiul weather, fun parades, music and relaxation. As for the rest of this week, it will be a rat race. Sarah moves in 4 days!

Sunday was church of course. Good attendance and a really good sermon. We had lunch together then Sarah went with a group of her high school friends to Newago, MI for tubing down a river. She had a great time. Then they went to her friends house to play capture the flag and watch movies. She got home around midnight. Unfortunately, when she went to get money of the atm machine at her bank, it ate her card. They returned it today and she is all set for future use while at college. While she was having her fun, we took Matthew to get soccer shoes and shin guards. His first game is Tuesday, tomorrow! He got his uniform today.. #21 just what he wanted. Mary and I went to the community play and talent show on Sunday. We had fun, the show was silly and left the talent show in disbelief. It is a long story, but let's say the first place winners, evidently win every year. I couldn't even hear them sing and they won. Oh well.


The Olympics are still a big part of our entertainment. I'll admit I like the swimming, diving and gymnastics more than the running section. I do like the pole vault and jumping and stuff. Sarah watches it every waking moment available. Evidently they are going to talk about the Olympics in her freshman seminar class.


Mary is singing all the time. She wants to sing a solo at the fall HS concert and is trying to choose a song. She continues to go "sunsetting" as many nights as possible and takes pictures of the sunsets in Greenville. I will post the whole collection at the end of the summer.

Work has been good. My patient is doing well and is a lot of fun to play with. She loves to pull up to me and hug and snuggle with me. That is big payment in itself.

I failed to mention last week, instead of having surgery, Jeff took me golfing. I did fair. I still love my 3 and 4 wood more than any other club. Mary came along and walked the course with us and posed as my caddy. She did a great job and learned my favorite clubs. Sure wish I could putt with a wood too. hahaha. Matt came along and golfed for the first time. He liked I think. He had some nice shots. It takes time to learn to swing a golf club after a baseball bat. It will come if he keeps trying and practicing.

I have posted picture of this year's Danish Parade on the Family Photo Album.

Tomorrow I have the day off to help Sarah pack and get some other things done. The "bat man" is coming to start the eviction process. I hope to get my hair cut before the weekend. It might be wishful thinking. I made bulkoogi tonight so it will be ready to eat tomorrow. Sarah wanted that before she goes off to college. I am going to make yakimondue too. They are our favorite Korean foods/meals.

That is all.

Grace
PS Now that Sarah knows how to access the family blog, I have invited her to update on this page too.. It would be a great way to keep up with Sarah at Hope College!