Friday, August 1, 2008

A Good Day

I had a good day at work. Tomorrow I work again from 10a-6p. My client moved to a new place and I am looking forward to seeing it tomorrow. Even more exciting is that our family will be all back together again! Hurray! I really missed them. I actually talked to them last night while they went for ice cream. Sarah was very chipper and glad to hear her computer is waiting for her. Matt is doing fine too, had to cut the call short since it was his turn to order ice cream. Jeff call a few minutes later before they drove into the "no cell zone" of the mountains and said everything was going really well.

A very strange thing is happening to our DVD players. Nothing will play. So now I am pretty sure it is not the discs, but the player. Last night while finishing the den, we watched Guys and Dolls. With 15 minutes left it froze and wouldn't play. We put in a different disc and it said bad disc. So we went upstairs and were able to watch the rest of Guys and Dolls on Mary's 3 month old DVD player. Then put another movie in and it said bad disc and now it won't play anything either. Can a DVD ruin a player??? Was there some power problem that has damaged our DVD players? I am afraid to put any movies in any other player we have. Mary's player wouldn't play a movie she watched one hour earlier, and now the tray opens all by itself. A friend suggested to buy and use a cleaning disc. We did, and it said bad disc. If anyone has any ideas about this problem please write me! We are stumped!



Tonight Mary, her friend and I went to watch the sneak peak of this year's band parade and half time show. It was very good. I felt bad that Matt had to miss this week, but he enjoyed his week with the mission. He helped build a deck. I did get his shirt and talked with his old band teacher and Matt received all the music he needs for the season at the end of last year. He will have to learn a few steps for the parade in a few weeks. Freshman don't march in the half time show.

Last but not least, I finally took a picture of our den. Here is a before and after.


We love it and hope that the rest of the family does too! We worked hard on it.

That is all for now. More later.

Grace