Friday, August 15, 2008

Let the Festival Begin!

The Danish Festival has begun! Main street is closed and vendors are selling their crafts, food and goods. There are many activities going on all weekend. Our church preschool will be in tonight's fairy tale parade, starting in just 30 minutes. I may walk with them this year. Jeff will be marching with the Danish Band and then will go to the stage downtown for another concert. It is the same as the one I went to last night, but I will still go for a little while. There will be a fireman's parade tonight with sirens and lights then silent to remember the fallen fireman. Some of the rigs have bagpipes playing with the players in kilts and all. Tomorrow is the big Grand Dansk Parade. Jeff marches again and Matthew will be marching with the high school band for the first time. I am looking forward to it.

We are not having a picnic this year. I was supposed to have surgery last Monday, so I planned nothing. That is ok though. Nice to have a year off. I did see my primary doctor this am and he was very nice and undestanding about my wanting a second opinion. He will refer me to another doctor in Grand Rapids. Jeff is going to see a neurologist in a few weeks for his L arm. It has been weak, numb with tingling. I hope he can get treated for this and recover quickly.

I took Sarah and Matthew bowling yesterday. The approach was terrible. My shoes wouldn't slide. I fell once. The bowling alley man said I was probably dragging my feet. Not! Matt also took a spill. He lost his balance after throwing his first ball and while avoiding the gutter, stepped onto the next lane and slipped...boom right down on his behind. We all laughed after we knew he was alright. It is posted on Sarah's facebook if you can get to that. I will try to have it posted here soon, if possible. Sarah had her camera on video and recorded the whole incident.

Sarah leaves for college next Friday. She is trying to get organized,but I think she gets overwhelmed. Matt's soccer team is going to take up a lot of time this fall. He has a game in Holland the day we move Sarah in! Can you beat that??

We have all loved the Olympics so far. I just love watching the swimming. Hope that Michael can get all 8 gold medals. But feel sorry at the same time for the other great USA swimmers that are competing in his shadow.

Well, I had better get going. I am off to the festival. So long!

Grace