Sunday, August 3, 2008

Everyone is Home

I am glad to report that everyone is home safe and sound. They arrived around 6:30 pm and we had a nice reunion. Jeff and Sarah's group worked on the "condemned" donated trailer and made it liveable again. Cleaning mildewed windows, laying new flooring, fixing the roof, providing plumbing for the house, including a flushing toilet. Matt's group built and deck and did repair on another family's house. Many memories were made and friendships built. This morning the group spoke during church about their experiences. They did a really great skit that was humorous and touching at the same time. I wish all of you could have heard it. By now my mom, brother and sister should be back in America. I will be anxious to talk to her.

I have to work this Mon, Tues, Wed and Fri. Mostly 8 hour shifts. Then I will be off work for 4-6 weeks starting next week due to my upcoming pelvic surgery. Nothing major just some needed repair. Looks like my client might be switching nursing agencies again. I will have to decide whether to hire on at a new place and continue to work for my little girl or break loose from Home Health and pursue hospital nursing or whatever else God has in mind. So far nothing has presented itself, or I have received "sorry you weren't chosen" responses.

During my time "off", I will be organizing Sunday School for the next year, preparing for chimes, kids choir and orchestra, and helping Sarah get ready for college. I don't know how many choirs will continue until I get a handle on the interest for each of the groups. I purchased some "Stampin Up" stuff and want to make a few projects and cards too. There are lots of things to keep my busy without doing any heavy lifting.

In just 3 weeks, Sarah will be at college. Time is flying by and we are collecting things she needs to take. Her computer is very pretty and she had it operating last night. Mary has inherited the computer Sarah used last year, and Matt inherited Mary's old laptop. Jeff offered me the laptop that Sarah used, but I don't really need it, and I really don't like laptop keyboards. I am sticking to my computer in the living room.

Matt's band uniform was too big, so we have to have that altered or replaced this week. I am sure that the kids are anxious to get their high school schedule in the mail very soon. Sarah has her schedule and it looks like Thu is her long day. Classes start at 0830. That isn't too bad.

The 2 DVD players that wouldn't play are still broken. We think Mary's might be due to the high humidity lately. The other one is older, and who knows maybe that is a problem there too. Sarah's works no problems.

That is all. Have a great day!

Grace