Thursday, March 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Dan!

Today is my brother's birthday. I called him early this morning and we had a nice talk on the phone while he was driving Eric to school and then the office of motor vehicles. He needs to get his new car tags. It seems we like to wait for the expiration date before we renew them. Probably because it is so darn expensive to renew, hold on to your money as long as you can!

I took Sammy over to our vet's office to get groomed this morning. The receptionist told me the groomer had an accident with the post the dog is secured on. I guess it hit her in the head and now she is sick to her stomach. That doesn't sound good, and I told them she needs to go to the ER today! Sammy will go next Thursday instead for his bath and haircut.

The chores here are getting done pretty well, eventhough I am doing most of them by myself. That can be so frustrating! I have 3 more loads before Sarah goes back to college on Monday morning. Kitchen is pretty clean, and the house is picked up. Lots of dog hair is visible again, so Matthew will have to get the vac out later today.

Quilting is today as well. I am bringing angel food cake for the dessert of our Lunch group. I have strawberries and whip cream to put on top. My quilt is looking a little better these days, and I will try to get a few more squares done today. I won't be able to stay very long, as the "batman" is coming after lunch. It would be good for Jeff or me to be here for that.

Tomorrow is the bulkoogi fest. That means I have to make it today. I have the meat thawing and I will marinate it starting this afternoon. That should be plenty of time to absorb that wonderful flavor. I only work until 2 tomorrow, so that should be enough time to make yakimondue. What I won't do for my kids.

Sarah is spending her spring break visiting her favorite teachers, talking with friends, watching TV and sleeping. That is what most college kids need after working hard on classes. Rest and recreation. I also discovered some papers on the printer that deals maybe with class selection for the fall. She has looked for a few summer jobs here in Greenville but they are not too promising.

Mary finally got her playing time for state solo and ensemble. She plays at 10:39 am in Okemos, just east of Lansing. Her visit time at Western Michigan University is at 1pm. The question is, can we make it from Okemos to Kalamazoo in 90 minutes? She is busy with the middle school play in the afternoons. She found a nice dress style online. Now we need to find a similar pattern. My buddy Norma said that the dress is "doable". I am so glad she is willing to help us.

Matthew is at baseball practice most of the time. Morning practices at 0600 and practice after school till 6 pm. They do have built in study time, at least that is what I understand. He is anxious to use his paintball gun. Last week's event was cancelled. He is keeping it all together pretty well for a high school freshman.

I am still waiting to hear from the hospital. At least I didn't receive a reject letter already, I'm making progress huh? I work 6 hours tomorrow and then Monday Wednesday and Friday next week about 4- 6 hours each day. Maybe God knows that is all I can handle right now. My musical groups are doing well. I am going to finish up there year by early May. Things get so busy! The orchestra might go a little longer, because they are pretty good and we don't need to practice every week to stay up on our songs.

Lastly, please pray for our neice, Rachel. She is in the hospital in Germany with a bleeding disorder. Jeff talked to his sister Liz this morning (afternoon there) and checked in with how things are going. I guess everyone doing as well as can be expected. I know the more prayers for her, the better off everyone is! Thanks a lot!

Better get going.

Grace