Thursday, March 12, 2009

Just Before Quilting

Well our van is still in the auto clinic. There is a bad belt that was loose and they are waiting for the part. We should have it this afternoon. The good news is that is isn't a huge cost to us. It would certainly be nice to get a new 7 passenger vehicle, but with the vanand our car paid off, it is smart to wait until we really need it.

I got a call around 5 pm letting me know that I was cancelled for the night shift. My client's mom got cancelled from work, so there was no need for me to be there all night. I am picking up two five hours shifts instead, this Friday and a couple Mondays from now. No word from my job applications. We shall see.

Matthew had his last day of tryouts and today is "cut day". Since there is only 12 freshman trying out, they will probably all make the team. If they decide not to have a freshman team, then things could get worrisome. Matt would have to make the JV team as a freshman. Even so, there are rumors that the fr. coach plays the "popular" kids. Oh no! Not that again! Hopefully that is just a rumor. Matt gets grumpy when he sits the bench.

Mary has been doing ok with her testing. Yesterday's test was going along well, even with a dead calculator until she got to question 32. Then there was some educated guessing going on. Today I brought up batteries or offered a desk calculator for the last test. She forgot to take either. I am not sure when we will find out the test results.

Auditions for the Middle school play have been interesting. Matthew Mary and Brandon all have input to who gets cast. Evidently the adult director, who was the Guys and Dolls director, is showing some favoritism again. It is not sitting well with the student stage managers/director. This time the rules are different, opposite of what she told Mary when she didn't get the role she deserved.

Sarah made it to Ft. Wayne safe and sound. She will return on Saturday and then I will pick her up for spring break. I guess she a Jimmy John's sandwich for the first time, and she said it was strange. I have never had one, so I am not sure what was wrong with it. Oh by the way, she got all of her work done and handed in! Yay Sarah!

Our quilter's lunch has become quite the event. We have 7 people in the cooking rotation. I am side dish today. The main course is lasagna. I am going to get fixings for salad and some rolls. Hopefully I can get back on track with my ugly "duck" quilt pattern and make it into a beautiful swan masterpiece! Hahahah! Yeah, right.

That is all on this Thursday morning. Orchestra tonight and then 5 hours of work in the morning.

Grace