Sunday, March 29, 2009

WIll March Go Out Like a Lion?

There is just 3 more days of March and there is the real possibility of snow in the next 24 hours. It is always a Sunday when the orchestra plays. Jeff doesn't think the weather will be bad until tomorrow afternoon. Whew!

Saturday was a good day. Mary and I went to State Solo and Ensemble where she received a "1" rating and a score of 89. She played Arioso by Bach, played several major and minor scales and then did sightreading. I was the accompianist. Glad they didn't rate me...I got a little lost near the beginning and then toward the end. I didn't play the wrong notes, just no notes! I found this picture of string players of the GHS orchestra that played at district and again today at State. Brandon was Mary's accompianist that day. After the solo, Mary and I went shopping for the prom dress. Still found nothing. We also went to Joann Fabrics and found a pattern. The material would be half the cost of making the dress. So, now she must decide what she likes better the dress at the bridal store we found on Friday, or make the dress from the pattern? Decision will be made by Tuesday. We attended at farewell party for a friend going off to Marine Basic Training in 1 week. It was a nice time. Once we were home, I watched the end of the Pitt vs Villanova game. What an exciting ending with Villanova winning in the last 5 seconds! I got some laundry done, and then made a softball sign up poster for our church team, and prepared a box for our sunday school's sock drive this week and next. They will be given to the local mens homeless shelter.

Tomorrow is church, basketball and bowling. Orchestra is playing "You are my all in all". I am hoping that MSU and OU both win their games. I hope we win our points in bowling too. I really should Wii bowl beforehand, it tends to help me keep my arm straight when I bowl in the evening.

Last we heard, Rachel is out of the hospital and receiving her meds at the hotel they are staying at, and going in for lab work as an outpatient. Bob was going to try to get back to Germany today. Hopefully Rachel and Liz can go back this week. We haven't heard if the latest treatment is working. My rule of thumb is no news is good news. Thanks again for your prayers.

Looking ahead at this week...We have a few doctor appointments, baseball practice, play practice, working wed and friday, choirs, chimes and orchestra and the biggie.. The annual Collage Concert at the High School. We will attend Tuesday's performance. I am supposed to sell tickets too. It won't be too long and Easter will be here. Time really flies.

That is all for tonight. I am getting tired..

Grace