Monday, March 30, 2009

Hooray Hooray!

Rachel and family are going home tomorrow! Leave Tuesday, but arrive Germany on Wednesday. Her blood counts are so much better! Thanks for all of your prayers! It will be wonderful for the whole family to be back together, just in time for spring break.

Today was a very nice sunny day. It is always nice to see the sunshine. Temperatures were near 5o. I only had to wear a sweater in the afternoon. Going to school, was different. It was 25 degrees and I had on my winter coat. That is Michigan in the spring!

Mary has her ticket to the prom now, so we can for sure make a decision on the dress. The more I think about it, the more I lean toward purchasing one she likes so there are no troubles the day of the event. I finally downloaded the pictures I took of the dress at the store on Friday. I think she looks gorgeous!

Matthew is #9 on the freshman baseball team and ha practice everyday after school. His first game is after spring break and the last one is before Mary's birthday. He is doing well at keeping up with all his work and activities.

The collage concert is tomorrow. I am selling tickets, which is a very fun job! Jeff will arrive early with me and get good seats. It should be a great night of music at the high school.

Jeff attended the church softball meeting for me tonight. Many rules were changed for the better. There were a few, I didn't like, but it is just a game right? Kids choir was great as usual. Those little girls really like singing. I thought that Chime Team might have met its demise, but my friend Annette agreed to jump in and finish up the year with us. That was a Godsend! We only have two more days to play. Then we are done until Fall.

Jeff worked on a potential summer vacation. We are planning a trip to the plains. St. Louis, Norman OK and the University of Oklahoma, Dallas and Houston, then back home through Branson, MO. Nothing is set in stone, but we will probably make this journey in mid July. Jeff has military duty late July/early Aug and Mary will be going on a short one week mission trip to Bethesda Lutheran Home to help with camp. I think that would be a great week. I would go too, but they already had enough chaperones.

That is all the news for now. Need to get a few more things done before I head off to bed.

Grace