Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Back in the Dog House

I know it has been a long 4 days since I wrote last. Seems like eons ago. Life gets so busy, favorite pleasures like blogging get pushed to the bottom of the priority list. Tonight it ends...and the blog that follows will be quite lengthy so get comfortable. Due the large amount of information and activities, this blog will be written under headings.


Baseball: Matthew has a double header tomorrow at 4 pm. He is supposed to be the starting pitcher. He is very excited. I get very nervous. The weather is supposed to be cold and rainy. Matthew might like pitching in the rain, but cold rain is horrible, especially just sitting there as a spectator. I'll be there though rooting him on! Church softball starts in 2 weeks. I am going to have practice the next two sundays. The team is looking pretty good, if everyone plays that have shown interest. I already have the schedule from the league and a few possible lineups for the first game. I love playing ball!

Bowling: Our team took fourth place for the winter season. Each player on our team won $28.00. I will try not to spend it all in one place. Haaha. We had a fun night with our friends Norma and Randy. I had two below average games and my last game of the season was a 143! Good way to end. Jeff received many awards and patches. High game with handicap, series 75 pins over average and most improved bowler!

Church: Saturday our choirs sang at a local Earth Day Arts and Music event. We did ok, but the event wasn't well attended. They charged people an entrance fee to come and buy things from vendors. I sat at Mt Calvary's table for about one hour and became quite nervous. There was pet snakes in the room across from our table. Next thing I know the man comes out with a snake around his neck. I panicked and moved down as far as I could. The nice man at another table told the snake guy to stay away. Whew! I still didn't like it.

Sunday's service was very nice. It was music sunday. The Chime Team did a wonderful job playing Festive Celebration as a call to worship. That ended our season. I am very proud of them. The kids choir did a nice job with an alphabet song and used prop/posters of letters to add to the song. They are a great bunch of girls. The praise team sang some good tunes and I got to play Halle Halle lujah! It is a fun and upbeat song. The benediction was sung by the church choir, one of my all time favorite songs to sing.

Sunday School went well, and I have finally got the summer sunday school sign up poster done! I am starting early to get volunteers. The stories and themes are great! I am looking forward to it and have some great ideas I hope can turn into reality!

Orchestra plays this Sunday and we hope to have a service where the orchestra plays for the whole service this June. Might try to get the kids choir to sing at the Assisted Living Facility.

One of our members placed flowers on the altar in honor of our anniversary. Here are some pictures. They are very pretty. What a wonderful gift!


Essay Contest: We received word today that Mary will receive a small monetary gift for her entry to the Right to Life essay contest. She wrote about abortion. It was very good and moving. Maybe I can get a link for it our post in the near future.

Healthcare: I was supposed to go for some therapy today in Grand Rapids. Before driving down there, I called to make sure about our insurance. Turns out it would be more expensive than I thought and our insurance personal deductible would be met with only a few visits. Jeff looked into new insurance through the air force. It seems that this will be more affordable with at least the same if not better coverage. Nothing is final yet, probably in the next week. I am going to wait to reschedule anything until everything is settled.

Job: I still have four applications out for possible jobs. My most recent was for a job at the children's hospital in the Pediatric Sedation Unit. Other jobs still out are for the Hematology floor at Children's and two openings on a Med/Surg/Peds at a small hospital east of Greenville.

Lock-In: Saturday night was the youth lock-in. Seems no other mother wanted to stay up all night with the youth, so I got into my night nurse mode and stayed the night. Most of the kids fell asleep by three am, but a few made it all night long. The young adults kept me laughing and entertained most of the night. Earlier in the evening they had a talent contest, games and devotions. I really liked the theme and devotions, very well done! The last group event ended up being a movie, The Rookie. I played a game with a few girls that didn't want to watch. All in all it was a good event.

Prom: Prom is Saturday! The red dress is ready and I will pick it up on Wednesday. I guess the friends are planning on dinner together and then to the dance in the nearby town of Lowell at a nice banquet hall. I will be sure to post pictures!

School: Sarah is nearing the end of her first year of college. She has done a great job! Next week are finals and then she moves home on April 3oth! Wow! Can't believe it. News from Hope College is that she has her AT sports schedule. She will be working Cross Country in the fall (by herself), Women's Basketball in the winter and Men's Baseball in the spring! She is very happy about it! Good thing I bought her some "professional clothes" since you need to be dressed up for basketball season. She is also preparing for the move to a new dorm next year. I guess they will have lofts. She will have a new roommate and live on the first floor. Yay! I won't have to haul boxes up any steps! Now Sarah will be looking for summer work to earn some needed money.

Mary has one more college visit scheduled. We will visit Central Michigan University in Mount Pleasant. Many future teachers attend there and the town is pretty nice. With Mary's gift in writing, she could receive some good scholarships. As of this writing, University of Michigan and Wisconsin Lutheran top her list of higher education.

Mary and Matthew have begun the fun of choosing next years classes. Mary has 5 of 7 picked. Matthew has his all figured out. I guess they are going to a 7 class day if possible. Not sure of Mary's choices other than Village Green, Orchestra, Pre Calculus and Government. She has also Dual Enrolled to take Spanish at the local community college in the evening. Matthew choices are Honors English, Honors Biology, Marching Band (wants to march with the sax), Geometry and History. He will be auditioning for Village Green later this week! Matthew will also take his PE requirements. Possible alternate classes are woodworking and keyboarding. We plan to have Matthew in Driver's Ed this summer. Mary will have to complete her second session as well. All of my kids driving? What the heck? That is pretty scary. I guess they have to grow up!

Well, that concludes this blog entry. We are waiting to hear when Jeff's cousin's baby is born. Due on Wednesday. There is a baby pool (no money) and my guess is today, Tuesday! Jeff and Matt think Thursday. That would be nice, since it is Jeff's baptism birthday, and the daddy of this baby is Jeff's Godson, Adam. Jeff thinks girl, Matt and I say boy. I will let you know!

Better get some rest, I work tomorrow.
Grace, a proud mom and happy wife!