Saturday, April 25, 2009

It's Raining on Prom Night

Yes it is raining on prom night, and most of the afternoon. We did have a few breaks for outside pictures! All the kids looked great. The group Mary is with are a really nice bunch of kids. Hope they have a wonderful night and are safe on the roads. I have posted more pictures on the Wilhelm Family Photos so don't forget to check that out!



Thursday's baseball game was really good. Matthew made several outs and got his bat on the ball twice during the first game. He didn't get to pitch, but we are all glad to report that the team won! They weren't as lucky the second game. We couldn't stay and watch either, because there was church orchestra practice. We play tomorrow for church. I am confident that we will do a nice job.

Friday I worked nine hours. My little patient was pretty sick and I was busy keeping fevers down and her trach clear of secretions. She is doing a little better today. Once work was over, the day took on a new feeling. One of will I get everything done that I need to?? Shopping at wal-mart for NEEDED items, stop at the dress shop, prepare appetizer for the preschool auction at church, pick up Matthew from school and then attend the auction. As I was busily falling behind, Mary called and needed me to go open her locker and bring her stuff, esp her prom ticket, home. She was at a funeral. So, I drove over there, found her locker then spent 10 minutes trying to unlock it. Turns out I was at the wrong locker, hers was the next one over. Got back home and had Jeff take the appetizer to church while I showered and then he came back an took me over too. We ended up with some nice things; Gift certificates for our favorite restaurants, "free" haircut and style at my salon, a clock, camping at camp concordia, a piano music box, rollerskating, a handmade crocheted blanket and my personal favorite a MSU bsaketball signed by Tom Izzo and the other coaches! We all came home and tried to watch a movie, but most fell asleep. I saw the ending, but missed parts of the middle.

This morning we did some last minute sewing on Mary's dress, signed Matthew up for drivers education and then went to have Mary's hair done for the prom. It looks very classic, just as she wanted. By 4:30 Brandon was here, we took some pictures and then off they went back to his house for more pictures. We followed in our own car, took some pictures with the lake in the background and they were off to Johnny Carina's for dinner then the prom. They will all be back here to change clothes for post-prom.



Now I am making brownies, blogging, writing thank you notes and then getting ready for sunday school and church. That is plenty to keep me busy!


The rain has stopped for now, but there is more on the way! Pray for safety of out teenagers out there!

Tomorrow afternoon is our first church softball practice. Yay! Hope the weather will cooperate! I am excited about this season...