Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A WONDERFUL ANNIVERSARY

Jeff and I celebrated our 24th Anniversary yesterday. Jeff already has Monday off, so I worked out really nice for us. 24 years ago we were married the Saturday after Easter and this year it was the day after Easter. It doesn't really seem that long, until I start looking at pictures and realizing that my children are almost grown up. Jeff and I had a really nice lunch at a place called Thornapple Daily Grille. I had a gourmet burger with crinkle fries and Jeff had a roast beef/swiss on sourdough bread. We also split an order of haystack onions which were awesome and a delicious bowl of bacon n cheddar soup. Everything was very good. Mary would like it a lot too, they play Frank Sinatra.

Later we ran a bunch of errands including: fixing a tire, oil change, movie return, fill the gas, banking and ordering some pants for Sarah, who needed more khaki pants, but no one has her size. Had to order and have them shipped to her dorm. I also turned in Sarah's schedule to the rec center. She is going to umpire girls softball again. The boss lady was very excited to know that Sarah is back. "She did a great job for us last year"! That is always good to hear.

Then last night, Jeff bought an ice cream cake to celebrate our day with the kids. It had a Easter basket on it, yes, why not? I got the little chocolate bunny that was in the basket. Yay! So our Anniversary was wonderful, and I am married to a wonderful man!

Going back to Easter, church was pretty well attended and there were no major problems. Matthew played his trumpet very well. He played Jesus Christ is Risen Today and I Know That My Redeemer Lives. The kids choir did an awesome job as well. I am so proud of those girls. Easter breakfast was delicious in between services and then we had a McD's lunch. We took pcitures of the kids with Sarah's camera and then some of us fell asleep. I had a headache. The kids got their basket of chocolate and then I made a ham dinner. The ham got pretty dry. Thanks to the family who didn't complain. Next time we eat it cold! We had corn, bread and salad too. Cookies and ice cream for dessert. Time flew by and it was 9:30 pm when we got Sarah back to college. Needless to say we had a busy weekend.

Today is cloudy and rainy. Matthew has a double header baseball game. It is their season opener. He is scheduled to pitch the second game. I am not too happy about the rain, but Matthew says he loves pitching in the rain. Hmm. I will have to go with warm clothes and ponchos. At least they had better seating than the girls and they are closer to the school and bathrooms.

I had better end this now, I have to turn in an important paper to the school, go to the store and work on a few projects at home. Have a great day! I work the next 3 days, so I will try to get some pics of the game posted asap.
~Gracie