Monday, January 25, 2010

All Good Scores Come to an End

The last few weeks have been really great at the bowling alley. I can't much for tonight though. I bowled terrible. Our team lost all 4 points tonight. We won't be in first place next week like we were going into tonights round. 8-0, now 8-4. Darn!

We still haven't heard any news on Jeff's deployment. The HR people are trying to get authorization for his travel and lodging and then he still needs to get orders cut. He could possibly get a call and say that his trip is cancelled. Never know what will happen until it happens!

Matthew went to baseball practice tonight and did some pitching in the batting cages. He said he did ok, needs to get back to speed and throw a little harder. JV coach this year will be the same coach he had for freshman year. That is good, I like him a lot. Matt still goes to therapy and is doing well. Will start working on increasing his strength this week.

I am going to PT this week for my terrible feet pain. Pills shots and special shoe inserts just are not helping. Losing weight would be great, but it hurts to walk. Guess I need to try swimming, Hey? Work on Wednesday and Friday this week. I have been learning a lot about our finances this week and how to manage them when Jeff is gone. Hope my note taking skills are good enough so that if I need to refer to them, they will make sense. Hahahaha. Played for church this morning and it went really well.

Spent the day at Hope College on Saturday. Arrived for one of the presentations about reserach going on at the college. When I checked in at the desk to get me prepaid basketball game tickets they told me that someone picked them up already! I said that was impossible. They got me new tickets, but I wonder how they got that mixed up. Matthew drove to Hope and watched a movie with Sarah while I was at the meeting. Since I got a coupon for the bookstore, I had Matthew come over and get a new shirt since his last one got too small. Sarah drove to lunch at Red Robin where we had some delicious burgers, then we all went to the men's basketball game and watch the Dutchmen win! THere are lots more people at the mens game than the womens. The women have a better record too! I watched the ladies play earlier in the week.

The kids have only a few full days of school this week and then finals on Wednesday Thursday and Friday. Tomorrow we will eat at Applebees for dinner. There is a fund raiser for the senior mystery trip from 4-8 pm. CHoirs at 6:30 pm! I'll be busy.

That is all for now...will keep you posted on the military duty as information is available.

Gracie