Saturday, January 30, 2010

A Happy Saturday

Mary played her cello at district solo and ensemble this afternoon and received a #1 rating from the judge. The judge was very nice and even read her comments to her right on the spot. She said that she had one of the best intonations of the day. Many or most people ask if she is going into music as a career. She is still considering teaching music, but is content with teaching English too. Mary is very talented in both. After her performance we went to Jimmy's Roadhouse, another restaurant that is owned by Brandon's dad in Newaygo. We had a delicious lunch accented with the best ranch dressing in the world!

When we got home, I watched a little of the Hope/Calvin game on public TV before taking a little nap. Matt Mary and I watched the movie "Deja Vu". We gave it 5 out of 5 stars. Still need to go to the store and get milk, dog food and a few other things. Mary and Matthew are going to return pop cans that have been collecting. We will use that money toward their Village Green trip. For those of you in Florida, review the previous blog for their trip agenda. Perhaps you can make a trip to Downtown Disney to hear them sing!

I worked yesterday for 12 hours and came home and had dinner prepared by Mary. Steak Umm sandos with Ranch and Cheese! MMmm they were really good. She also made homemade applesauce! The evening finished up with a high school basketball game. The Jackets had a strong first half, and then lost in the end to Grand Rapids Christian. The big raffle ticket giveaway was last night and we didn't win anything... oh well money for my daughter to have a great time at the end of her senior year!

Tomorrow is church. It will be a little weird without Jeff there. I think I will do some bill paying and paperwork. So far so good with all that business. Jeff helps me out over the phone when I have trouble, thanks Honey! He is doing well down in Miami. Briefing the "higher ups" about weather and Haiti. His brother Andy lives in Miami not too far away and I think they will get together some while Jeff is down there.

We found a bowling substitute for Jeff. We welcome Doug to the Guys and Dolls team! We hope that he has a lot of fun with us and put up with our craziness. I sure hope I have a better night tomorrow!

Monday is a day off of school. I have my first PT appointment which can't come too fast. My feet hurt just terrible. Tuesday is going to be a dumb day. The school decided that the finals not taken on the snow day would be taken last Friday. So Friday's finals are on Tuesday morning. So, that means Mary is supposed to take her pre calculus class final on Tuesday morning and attend her college Spanish class at the same, where there is a 5 question listening test. Can you say clone? The plan for now is that Mary will take the math final and take the listening thing on Thursday. I guess Mary thinks the spanish teacher is more flexible than the pre calc guy.

For now it off to the store and then prep for Sunday School. I do that best at night, an that is the real truth! My creative part of the brain works better then!

Grace
PS: If you can see my facebook, you can hear Mary play for the judge!