Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Fun in Holland

This morning I slept in and then got a few things done before Tuesday lunch with my golf buddies. It was a nice time. Stopped at church to work on some music for chimes and orchestra and then came home ready to leave for Holland.

Matthew drove without any problems. He is a good driver. The only thing I haven't seen him do is parking. We did stop for gas and a few groceries for Sarah on the way. Both the Jr Varisty and Varsity won their games against rivals Calvin College. GO DUTCH. JV game was much closer, in fact they won in the last minute of the game. Varisty allowed their second string to come and play the last few minutes. It was nice to see Sarah in her element, although she didn't need to attend to any injuries while we were there. I guess they had a minor incident before we arrived. After the games were over, Sarah joined us for dinner at Steak and Shake. I drove Sarah to her dorm and then back home. We had a wonderful evening together.



Back in Greenville, Mary and Jeff took a journey of their own to neaby Rockford, MI. Pizza Hut is opening there and Mary was advised by a co-op teacher to go down and interview for a job. When they got there, only construction people were working. I guess there was some misinformation. Father and daughter had dinner together and came home with free cupcakes. I got a free coke glass at Steak n Shake.

Tomorrow is a short day of work for me, and I will be orienting another new nurse. That should make the day go a little faster. I do have choir in the evening and I still have lots of things to do on "my list".

For now, I am going to finish up this entry as I listen to my nephew, Eric's music compostions. They are very nice! Matthew received the football bowl trophy today!

Good night!
Gracie
More Pictures ~Click on the Link to the Photo Album