Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Safe and Sound

Our family is safe and sound. Mary Matthew and I are safe at home. Jeff is safe in Miami in his suite and Sarah is safe at Hope College doing homework. Praise the Lord!

Jeff flew out of Grand Rapids around noon and was in his suite in Miami by 2030. Guess he had a 1/2 hour delay but otherwise all went well. He has a nice room with fridge, stove and dishwasher. Reports for duty in the am. He needs lots of sleep tonight since he has been burning the midnight oil here to get things done and easier for me and the church!

I attempted to return a gift at Target, but need a receipt. I waited a long time since there was a lady with a cart FULL of clothes. It was taking forever. Another worker came and talked so fast I almost spun around! HAHAHAHA. Stopped at a Burger King for a chicken sando and got Candian money back for change. Requested Amercian money back and the first lady refused as her she "couldn't" open her drawer. The next window lady got my "real" money but was put out by my request. I don't want to deal with getting rid of the canadian stuff. Wal-Mart was my next stop for food and needed household items. I had success there! Yay! The rest of my day has been going through papers, clearing my desk and organizing my brain to pay bills and manage day to day business. I work tomorrow and Friday. Want to get the FAFSA and financial aid stuff all set ASAP.

Mary and Matthew had a good day at school and came home for after play practice. Mary had enough time for dinner and then went back to school for cocoa and cram night. Finals start tomorrow. She studied for her pre calculus class. Matt doesn't have tests tomorrow, Mary has one. Matt has some on Thursday and Mary has none. Friday I know Mary has math and I think Matt has a test too. I am sure they will be glad when they are over! Saturday is Solo and Ensemble for Mary. We will all go and then have lunch at Jimmy's, Brandon's dad's restuarant in Newaygo MI.

For now, I think I have a handle on things. I am going to keep my sense of humor as Jeff suggested. I am glad he can still be reached by phone and computer.

Time to spend with Matthew. Mary is on the phone..What a surprise! (not really)

Grace