Thursday, January 21, 2010

Proud To Serve Our Country

We learned yesterday afternoon that Jeff has been called to active duty status with the United States Air Force to serve at US Southern Command HQ in Miami, FL, beginning Monday, Jan. 25, for a minimum of 30 days. Our family is calm as we prepare for the next month ahead. I am learning his filing system of bill paying etc. Jeff is determined to complete all the information for the Financial Aid applications and get me up to speed on other business at hand.

In other news, I have been to the foot doctor again for my feet. They still hurt a lot. The doctor suggested some therapy. I will do just about anything. While I know that losing weight would really help, it is very painful to walk. Swimming would be good I guess. Where is the question and how much will it cost me? The pool out at the Community College is 20 minutes one way. I'd like to have a buddy to exercise with, helps keep you accountable.

The High School boosters are forming, and I am part of the intial group. Trying to invited parents to come to our first meeting and set up a facebook page for the group. We have an excellent program at our school and we want to keep it that way. Budget cuts have already cancelled a show.

Back to the grind. Off to quilt for a few hours, Matt has OT and then I will have a few hours to work on papers before dinner and church orchestra.


Gracie