Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A Bloody Reject

It took me over a decade to be brave enough to donate blood.  I am not sure what is so scary about it to me, not the needles.  Anyway our church had a blood drive and I signed up with Mary and we were going to give together.  I have decided that I really need to give blood since I received so much as a baby.  Mary has been sick for over a week and went to the doctor yesterday.  He put her on Zithromycin and cough pills. She couldn't give blood, but did go to work at Jimmy's.   I showed up on time and signed in.  However when I went through the interview process, they wouldn't let my donate, hence I am a bloody reject!  Because I have bone spurs on my heels and I have pain, I need my blood to try and heal the injured/hurt area.  Oh well I tried. Jeff passed with flying colors and bled one pint.  I wonder how many pints he has donated over the years?After he donated blood, we went to the Winter Inn for our anniversary dinner. I had steak and Jeff had fajitas, both of which were delicious.  We split a piece of peanut butter/chocolate pie.  Mmmm. Our 25th anniversary was a lovely one! Thanks for everyone's good wishes!

Gracie

PS~So the Chicago Cubs won the Favorite Baseball Team Poll....I say go Tigers!

No comments: