Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Where Do I Begin?

I guess we will start on Easter morning.  He is Risen, He is Risen Indeed, Alleluia! I wonder how many times I said that Easter morning?? It never really gets old though does it?  I am so glad that Jesus died and rose again so that we can live forever with Him!  I played for early service, led Sunday School opening, taught my class, then directed the choirs in the late service.  Everything went really well.  Attendance was good.   I have to say that I got the most out of the early service and was happy with my playing.

Everyone was pretty tired when we got home from church, and we all had some sort of nap.  Afterall, we had to watch March Madness and color easter eggs the night before.  Luckily we were able to pick up Sarah earlier than expected from Hope since the men's baseball games were cancelled due to rain. Matthew drove down in the van so that we could bring her bike home for the summer, it needs some repair. Sarah drove home, there still tends to be a discussion who will drive!  Stopped at wal-mart to get Matthew some new shoes. Mary spent the day with Brandon, watching movies and enjoying a delicious meal at his house. Their family (plus Mary) went to see Alice in Wonderland at the theater.  Brandon and Mary stopped at our house for a few hours. It was nice to see him again.


Back to Easter, I made an acceptable ham dinner with delicious brownies for dessert.  I must say I enjoy baking more than cooking.  Everyone got their baskets and chocolate bunnies!  Mmm, Chocolate! Why oh why does it have to taste so good!

Mary started sewing her dress. Matthew watched a movie on the computer and Sarah, Jeff and I watched TV surfing the channels during commericials.  Time passed and we needed to get Sarah back to college, so the whole family packed in the Prius and off we went, stopping at Burger King for supper together.  We didn't get home till after 11.   I needed to be at work in 6 hours, so I headed right up to bed.

Work came earlier than I hoped..but I got up and made it through the 12.5 hours without any trouble. It was just me and my little princess.  We had a nice day together.  The weather was so nice we spent an hour outside in the afternoon.  Still I had no time for rest.   I had kids choir and chime team rehearsal, which I look forward too even if I am tired.  The kids sing with such joy and the chime team work hard at learning and doing their best.  March Madness came to an end last night with Duke winning the championship game!  It was a spectacular game to watch. Fast paced and a close score the whole way right to the last second when Butler made a long half court shot that hit the rim but didn't fall in. Great year for both teams!  Finally it was time for bed.

Until the storms came through.  Sammy the dog doesn't like storms, so he likes to come up by my bed.  I told him it's ok and to lay down.   A few moments later, I heard him get up again, nervous.  He likes to scratch on the carpet.  I found him in my closet relieving himself! He has never done that before!  I couldn't believe it.  I suppose the good thing is that I knew about it immediately and cleaned it up, instead of finding it later this morning.

Mary was sick all day yesterday with some kind of flu. She feels better today and is back to sewing her dress. The bodice and skirt are sewn, now she needs to connect the two.   I have pictures to post.  Matthew has baseball practice until 2:30 pm.  I hope they are inside, as it is a rainy and stormy day. I opened the drapes on my bedroom windows and just noticed how green things are now.  Hurray for spring!  Each season has it's good qualities.

I need to catch up on housework, banking and I think I am going to get a plan of action written down for my project for the theatre boosters. Guess I should hang up and put away my clean clothes too!

Jeff surprised my with roses yesterday..a little early for our 25th anniversary.  Aren't they pretty?



Gracie

No comments: