Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Look Out Mickey, Here They Come!

All the fundraising is over and the trip itinerary is finalized. So at 1:55am I took the kids over to the High School to get on the bus.  There was a 20 minute delay in leaving, but were on the road to Detroit International Airport just before 3 am. They are supposed to fly to Orlando at 7:35am and arrive in the Sunshine State just after 10 am.  I hope that the kids get some sleep, since they will go straight to the Magic Kingdom for a day of fun.  They have quite the itinerary.  I am sure they will feel the time flying, while I am here waiting for them to get home.  Don't get me wrong, I want them to have a good time, as it is a once in a lifetime experience.  Some highlights of the week are singing at Lutheran Haven on Thursday, attending a workshop with Disney Cast Members, Visiting each of the Disney Parks, Eating at Planet Hollywood and Dancing at Downtown Disney. !!SHOWTIME HAS CHANGED!!  They will be performing  Friday on the Waterside Stage  at 8:30 PM in the Downtown Disney Marketplace. How great is that?? Prime time appearance on a Friday night.  Wish I could be there and take some video.  I am so excited for them! I will try to keep you updated as I get information, although some family members will get to see them before I do!  Enjoy!

The past few days have been very busy.  Sunday we were surprised with a 25th Wedding Anniversary party from our congregation. Mary made a slide show, poem written just for us, there was lunch for all and cake too!  How nice.  We went to Holland Sunday night to take Sarah to dinner and attend the evening service, The Gathering. The mexican food was good, and the service very nice.  The preacher was a little long winded, but kept my attention.

Monday I worked 7 hours and then headed to Matthew's baseball game, where he got a his bat on the ball and pitched a great last inning..three up three down!  Woohoo!  Had the last kids choir and chime rehearsal and then went to dinner.  It turned out to be a late night.

Today was lunch day with the golf gals, shopping for the trip and cooking chicken crescents.  Brandon came over, so we had a nice meal together.  It was an enjoyable night. He found out today that he passed his Spanish Proficiency test that he took on Saturday.  It was a four hour test.  I baked a cake and Mary and Brandon frosted and decorated it.  All of us enjoyed eating it.  I sent the rest home with him to share with his family.  Jeff and I don't need to eat half a cake, plus we have a cake given to us on Sunday.

I tried to call the doctor about getting the procedure for my poor feet. It was his day off, so I should hear back from them tomorrow.  Still need to decide what to do about my job too. I am so burned out with all their paperwork and the redoing of everything, even CPR.  I have had enough. Hate to see it all end this way. I will have plenty to do while the kids are gone, just hope to accomplish most of them. I have developed quite a cough over that last few days.  For now I had better get some sleep!

Gracie

No comments: