Friday, April 30, 2010

Florida Report-Day #2 Epcot and Dancing at the Haven

Yesterday the Singers were at Epcot Center.  They spent a few hours in there in the morning before getting on the bus to Lutheran Haven to perform a show.  My mom had promoted this concert for several weeks even personally, with cute invitations in everyone's mailbox. . The turnout was great, maybe the best ever, and my mom said the kids were just awesome, very professional, ending with a standing ovation from the audience!  Jeff's parents made the trip from Leesburg to see them sing and dance. All the singers got a goody bag and pink lemonade after the show and my mom was made an honorary Village Green Singer and presented with a group t-shirt! I am glad it was a great success.  I guess they had  time to explore the World Showcase before their Workshop "in Italy". Mary said it was really good.  Unfortunately it went a little long and the kids who planned to eat later missed their chance to eat, as they had to stay with the whole group and get to their spot for the fireworks.  So, Mary bought some frozen pizza at the hotel shop later that night and had something to eat.  Hope the others were able to find something too. Needless to say.it was another busy busy day. Today they were at Animal Kingdom after breakfast at the Rainforest Cafe.  As I look at their schedule, they should almost done with their shopping time and getting ready to board the bus for the show tonight.   They perform at 8:30pm at Downtown Disney's  Waterside Stage in the Marketplace. My mom will be going with my brother Dave and sister Leslie.   I am excited for them. It is fun to watch the Village Green Singers!

My day started early with CPR at 0800.  I wasn't looking forward to it, but I must say it was one of the best CPR classed I have attended in a long time.  I introduced myself to the Maxim office in Grand Rapids, letting them know that I am available in the future. They were happy to meet me!  Guess I better stick with home care for now, at least they are happy to have me. Stopped at Staples to get printer ink while I was in the city. Since I have been home, I have been looking for good airfares for my mother, making sure they are on the right days and times.  I should have done more, but became sleepy and took a nap.  Silly me!

Sarah had her last day of classes today!  Hurray!!  She is enjoying the nice warm weather today, wearing a tank top and shorts around campus. One of her classes was spent in the pool to learn about exercise in the water.  Sounds fun!  Eventhough classes are over, the has 3 finals next week and some more pateint reports to write.  Hang in there Sarah!! You can do it. I will pick her up on Friday morning before 11am or after 4 pm. Why??  Tulip Time begins tomorrow in Holland.  Some roads are closed during certain events.  Next Saturday is the big parade.. We need to get out before then!!  Anyway, word from Hope College is to move out early in the morning or late afternoon. Tonight she is looking forward to going to the College's Spring Fling in the Pine Grove. You can read more about it on Hope's web page I'm sure.  Link to the right!

Better vacuum and fold the last load of laundry...Have a great evening...Goodbye April and Hello to May!  Whew!  Just can't believe it!

1 comment:

Dakotapam said...

Ahhh the joys of moving out during Tulip Time! And it has gotten even bigger since I was a student! Spring Fling used to be May day and some friends and I were just reminiscing!

I hope Sarah has a great summer at home!