Saturday, April 3, 2010

A Good Friday

While I write this on April 3rd just after midnight,  I want to report a Very Good Friday here in Greenville. A lot was accomplished throughout the day.  Laundry is almost done, banking is done, Cleaning is off to a great start!  Mary, Matthew and I went shopping around lunch time.  Mary got a new Timex watch.  Matthew was going to get a white polo shirt, but when we got to Penney's he changed his mind and wanted a shirt/tie, vest and dress pants. I was happy to get them for him, as he hasn't been interested in getting new things for a long time and he really needed them.  I will be sure to take pictures.

Good Friday service was very nice.   Jeff's reading was just so good tonight and I played the clavinova without too many mistakes.  I practiced a little on the organ, but knew it was too risky to play it for church.  Mary had to work tonight, so she missed her favorite service of the year.  Oh the joys of being employed!  A video was shown that was very nice..I have included the link so you can see it too.  "He Was Crucified"  


We watched a cute movie together tonight- "My Life in Ruins".  It is about a Greek Tour Guide and her passengers. We liked it enough for 4 stars!  

Mary's friend, Brandon, is home for the weekend, and Mary will be going to Craig's Cruisers with his family tomorrow. I will be going to Hope College tomorrow to watch Baseball Game and then bring Sarah home for Easter.  It will be a short visit, but well worth having the whole family home.  

I will be playing for Easter sunrise service, teach Sunday School and direct the choir in the late service. Seems like a lot, but I really like doing all of those things. I will be tired for sure. Dinner will be Ham, potatoes, salad, corn and brownies for dessert.  There is no bowling, so we won't have to rush to get Sarah back to Hope before 6 pm. 

Spring Break for Mary and Matthew is next week.  I work on Monday and then have the rest of the week off.  Mary will be working and sewing her prom dress.  Matthew has a baseball game in Grand Rapids.  All of us will be going to Ann Arbor on Friday for the weekend.  We have tickets to the Glee Club Spring concert on the 10th.  I will also be bowling in a state tournament at 12 noon on the same day.  I will keep you updated and hope to get some nice pictures of all the events.

Time for bed...Happy Easter! He is Risen!

Grace

April 2nd was my Grandpa Heumann's birthday.  He was a wonderful man and I have such nice memories of all my grandparents!  Thank you God for a wonderful family!

No comments: