Saturday, April 24, 2010

Raining on Prom Night ..Again!

The flowers are ordered~white roses, reservations are made for dinner~PapaVinos, nails are done~looks nice, a hair appointment at noon~with Brandon's sister and the dress is done! But it looks like rain for prom again this year. It is 8 am and it seems like almost night time. Too bad, it rained last year too. Rain or no rain, I am sure they will have a fun time anyway. As a weather family,you realize it can always be worse. I hope to have pictures up by 8 pm.

In other news...
  • McDonald's hasn't put Mary on the schedule for the past two schedules.  It works out fine since we have had some other things come up, but we wonder what is going on too.  She continues to work on Tuesday and Friday nights at Jimmy's Pub and Grub. 
  •  
  • Mary visited the doctor again on Wednesday for her ongoing cough.  X-ray negative for Pneumonia. Taking prednisone for five days.  I got her some "zyrtec" for allergies, that I think have been bothering her for a while and may have contributed to this evil cough.  
  •  
  • I got a lot done on my list this week. Laundry..Bills...Groceries..Music.
  •  
  • Matthew's baseball team won on Thursday, 15-1!  Matthew played 2nd base and really likes it more than 3rd.  Matthew had a really nice hit down the 3rd baseline too!  Woohoo!
  •  
  • Went to the orthopedic surgeon for his opinion on my feet.  He corroborated that the reason for my plantar fasciitis, is a tight gastrocnemius or calf muscle. (The podiatrist wanted to freeze the nerves in my foot. This would "kick start" healing in near attachment of the fascia, and I wouldn't feel the pain since it was frozen.  I didn't like the sound of that especially since it is only 60% effective. He also said he could lengthen the achillies tendon. It would be more invasive and long recovery.) So the doctor's said the best thing would be to lengthen the muscle, not the achillies tendon.  Muscle surgery less invasive and I would could walk the same day with a boot for 2 weeks, not six or more. Wait a month and do the other leg. He did tell me this...Don't let anyone remove the heel spurs or cut the plantar fascia..infact, don't let anyone touch your feet! You will be miserable.  Research shows that  shoe inserts are proven to relieve the pain.  It helps me a little, but I haven't been pain free for over a year! I was thinking of waiting until after softball season, but I am not much help to them when I can't run to catch the ball or rarely make it to first base.  I just love hitting the ball though!  Love to feel the ball hit the bat.  Crazy?? Maybe.. I can still coach the team.
  •  
  • Had to attend another meeting for my job.  They had to review everyone again so they can write it on a different piece of paper. Took a little quiz and sent my proof of CPR to the office, only to find out later that my CPR is "Not Approved" by Maxim.  No one ever told us that they require only American Heart or Red Cross CPR.  Just another hoop that they are forcing on me.  I am exhausted from the constant paperwork that comes in the mail, most of which tells us what we are doing wrong and what paper to fill out to make it right.  I am feeling more like a puppet that controls every  move I make as a nurse. I have been pushed to the point of calling it quits.  I do have brains, been a nurse for 26 years!  Thinking of retiring from nursing entirely, since I have only one interview in the past 18 months after applying for more than a dozen jobs. The question is, what would I want to do??? Perhaps this is a good time to stop get my pain fixed, have time off for graduation and to spend time with family.
  •  
  • Last night we went to a Jazz Concert put on by the high school jazz band and the Flat River Big Band.  It was very nice.  They sound so professional.  Mr Ayres, Matt's first band teacher, is an awesome trumpeter and I just love to hear him play...he can make the trumpet scream!
That turned out to be longer than I intended.  Guess I had lots of news!  We are the time of anticipation..How should Mary do her hair?? Brandon leaves Ann Arbor around 3, and reservations for dinner are at 7! whew! For now I have cinnamon rolls baking in the oven. Matthew is going to work at the church rummage sale to earn money for the Youth Gathering this summer. He still needs to raise some more funds. We are selling pizza kits and will be having an egg roll lunch fundraiser coming up.

More later!

Gracie

1 comment:

Dakotapam said...

Grace, I had terrible plantar fasciitis in my left foot. I was hobbling all over. It got worse when I was working at the hospital, since I was on my feet all day. It disappeared when I got pregnant with the twins. Totally gone. Nothing short of a miracle really. Maybe it was the ten weeks of modified bed rest! I hope you can get it cleared up..I KNOW how awful it is!