Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Dress is Done!

Mary finished her prom dress this afternoon.  It looks so nice on her.  There are a few places that could use a bit of an alteration, but all in all it is beautiful and she did a great job.   Guess she needs to iron a bit.  We tried the dress with the ties, tied in the back, then the front with a broach. As noted, she tried hair up and hair down.  What do you think?  We tried all sorts of jewelry, but the pearls prevailed.  Very classy!

Yesterday was quite a long day for me.  Up at 0430 for a 12 hour day at work then to Matt's ballgame for a few innings.  Kids choir and Chimes were next with great rehearsals!  Think I am finished?? Nope.  Attended GHS Theatre Boosters meeting and got home after nine, only to remember that we had no milk.  Matthew drove me to Meijer and we got some groceries.  Needless to say, I was exhausted.

Today I got a lot of paperwork done, had lunch with my golf buddies and then spent time helping Mary with the dress, mainly keeping her company.  I cooked dinner, that is an accomplishment lately, and even cleaned up the kitchen right away!  Matthew and Mary had a gig with the Village Green tonight and Jeff had a meeting at church.  

Sarah has a busy and difficult week ahead.  Three exams yet and she needs to write care plan notes about different joints and muscles of the lower and upper body.  It is time consuming, I wrote them for my patients in nursing school.  Her time in the clinic has been shortened since she is outside with the men's baseball team.  I know she'd probably like a few more hours in a day right now.  She comes home in two weeks, half done with college!  WoW~

Tomorrow I have been asked by employer to attend an impromtu meeting for all of Hailey's nurses at Haileys house. Evidently when the did yearly reviews, they did so on an old form. Now everyone has to redo it! I'm tired of all their silly paperwork.


Last bit of news tonight~Mary received a scholarship from Burger King!  She has applied for many scholarships on the internet, and now is the time that she will be getting results.   Congratulations to Mary!

No comments: