Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Beignets and Birthday

Matthew brought me beignet mix home from New Orleans and today was the day I decided to try and make them. Easy to mix, just add water!  I mixed and Sarah rolled out the dough.  The oil heated up and sorry to say smoking a little.  Needless to say they cooked way too fast and my spoon melted! Don't use plastic spoons when deep frying beignets.  We started over in the electric skillet for better temperature control and made the rest.  Matthew did a great job as the cook.  While ours may not look like the ones in New Orleans or on the box, they were pretty tasty.


No work on the room today. I did clean out a couple of my dresser drawers.  What was I thinking when I saved some of this stuff?  Sarah's bed is cleared off now so she can sleep in it tonight if she wants too. She came home for a little R&R.   Nice to have her home. 

Now, back to the room.

Dan came over and pulled up all the carpet. The floor looks really good comestically.  Would clean up good and look nice.  There is a spot near Jeff's dresser that squeaks and has a little give to it.  Now we wonder what is going on in the subfloor there.  Do we leave it?  Go forward with the hardwood or put down new pad and carpet?  How cold will the floor be in the winter? Lots to think about.  Tomorrow we are having the outside walls of our room insulated. That will certainly help in the winter!

Have quite a few errands to do, so I had better work on them. Plus better start practicing the piano for the wedding in a few weeks.  Hard to get motivated with the hot weather, house in a cluttered state and missing your favorite person.  Jeff comes home in two days! Hurray~!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! SEE YOU NEXT WEEK!
Gracie

No comments: