Thursday, July 22, 2010

Home Again Home Again Jiggity Jig

This morning I got some computer work done and watched my favorite morning show, reruns of Matlock. Dan C. came by to check the floor/ceiling and needed to leave the fans and dehumidifier on for another day.  Jeff called while he was here and was able to talk with him about the conditions and plans for the room.  My next chore is to pack up and move as much smaller stuff as possible so they can refurbish the floor and walls. Thanks to some friends I have some boxes to put things in now. This is going to be a BIG job.

Left for the airport again today just after one to pick up my boy.  The plane was a little late, which was good for me so I wasn't late.  It was so nice to see him again and catch up with all his activities during the car ride home. He was more than happy to show us our gifts from New Orleans.  I got Beignet mix.   He knew I liked them, so now I can make them at home! I hope I can pull it off. Mary got a theatre magnet, and Sarah a baseball nut.  It is really cute.  Jeff hasn't seen his gift, so I won't reveal its identitiy. Matthew got some CD's for himself. He said he had a good time.  Guess their service project started off with scraping paint of a fence for a plantation.  Matthew was later asked to cut bamboo-like trees for transplant. As a theatre techie, he enjoyed telling me about all the special lighting effects and sound during the Mass Events in the Superdome.

Talked to Sarah around 5 pm and she said she was done with work and didn't know what to do.  So we decided to get in the car and drive to Holland to have dinner with her.  We had a good meal at Logan's Roadhouse.  One of Sarah's classmates was our waitress. She did a good job.  I got babyback ribs and everyone else had steak.   The salads were decent, just wish they had croutons.  The warm yeast rolls were great.  We could have made a meal just out of them.  The kids got mini bucket desserts. We headed home pretty quick after dropping Sarah off since there were storms coming.  Since then there has been a tornado warning issued for counties south of where we are.  Sarah is just north of the warning area.  She is alert to the weather and ready to take shelter if needed.

Tomorrow I will begin packing up some boxes and then head to physical therapy.  I had to wear my boot all morning, as leg/ankle was hurting when I woke up.  It  sure helps.  I did my stretching and exercises. Need to stretch before I go to bed. I am considering preparing bulkoogi tomorrow to cook for Saturday dinner.  Sarah said she would drive home for her favorite meal. It sure is delicious.  Just not sure I have enough time with all the other stuff going on.  It would be nice to serve a favorite for Aunt Bobbie and Uncle Bill.  They will be here overnight Saturday.

Guess that is all for now...Getting motivated!

Gracie

No comments: