Saturday, July 31, 2010

Too Much

There is too much going on and trying to keep everything straight is quite a job. So glad that Jeff is home with us!

We are making progress little by little on our bedroom. I got the drapes back, the walls insulated and their holes patched with plaster.  Still a lot of work to be done. Last night I discovered mud in our washtub late at night.  Where on earth did that come from?? (No pun intended). I washed it down and Jeff poured some bleach down the drain and so far no more mud.  I sure hope that it is not a sign of sewage backup!

I really need to start practicing the piano for the wedding in a few weeks.  Between all the therapy and house excitement, I get  tired and put it off.  I know the songs pretty well, but should polish it all up with practice every day.  Guess it is a good thing that I am not back to nursing yet! 

Sarah is done with work and moves out on Wednesday..then we leave for Florida on Thursday. I am going to be riding on a whirlwind! We have doctor appointments and therapy between now and then as well.  Lots planned with brothers and family. I am sure the time will fly by!

Therapy has been a little frustrating. The one gal doesn't seem to be the sharpest tack in the box.  I was running late and called ahead.  They said I could do the exercises but she might not be able to stretch my muscles! I am thinking I can do exercises at home, I need the stretching from a professional!  I explained my feelings upon my arrival and they met my needs.  She also tends to "blow off" some of my questions.  If I tell her that the outside of leg hurts, she responds with, that doesn't have anything to do with your gastroc (calf muscle).  I beg to differ. I am thinking it really means, I don't know an answer, so I am make up something. She ices my ankle when my leg hurts.  I am glad that I don't have any more appointments with her.  I have my favorite, Amy.  I have questions to ask her before my trip! I see the surgeon when I get back.  My biggest concern is that my hard leg will get harder without the PT massage.

Guess that is all for now..I don't feel too creative these days, so hang in there, it will come back in time!

Gracie

No comments: