Monday, July 5, 2010

The Rest of the Story!

Our trip to Wal-Mart was successful. Sarah and Jeff both got a phone charger.  Jeff's got left at a hotel in Ann Arbor in April and we have been sharing chargers. He also got a new comb.  It was nice to get out and do something.

When we got home we had some frozen pizza and watched the Netflix movie, "17 Again"!.  It was a decent movie.  The 4th of July cupcakes were delicious.  Matthew bought some sparklers and all of us had fun on our driveway swirling sparklers in the air. Sarah got some awesome picture. She said she would share them with me, so keep an eye out for them.

Now that we have all those TV channels, we were able to watch one of my favorite programs,"Untold Stories of the ER".  The family watched a couple episodes and then Sarah and I watched one more. Then off to bed.

Mary and Brandon had a great time in NYC yesterday and were exhausted when they got back to home base.  I received a text from her this morning telling me they should be home tonight around 10 pm!  Another long day of driving. I thank God that they had a fun trip and are on their way home.  Can't wait to give her a hug!

I was going to do laundry today, but maybe I will wait until tomorrow since then I will have Mary's clothes too.  There is plenty more to get done today before Monday night Softball.  It should be interesting, since we will have several people absent. Matthew is starting his Segment II Driver's Ed tonight.  It is only 3 nights, but he will miss tonight's game. I think our 3 ladies will be there.

Sarah will be going to Traverse City tomorrow to visit a friend from Hope College.  She will also experience the famous Cherry Festival.  It is supposed to be a day trip that could turn into an overnight. I know she is anxious to see one her best friend from school.

Jeff will be heading to Houston on Friday for the LCMS convention.  He plans to visit with his brother Greg and family while he is there.  I considered going along, but with Matthew going to the Youth Gathering the following week before Jeff gets home, I wanted to be here to send him off. Plus I should try to start working a few hours again, since I have been off for essentially two months. I am getting used to it, but I need to have some kind of work, even if it is just a day or two a week.  Remember I have two in college!

I start PT on Wednesday.  My left calf is pretty stiff and a little sore.  Don't need Tylenol more than once or twice  a day. Bruising almost gone.  I do a little stretching that actually makes it feel better.  Incision healing well. Walking short distances with shoes and in the boot for known prolonged walking.

That is all...watching the end  of  "Cake Boss".  It is a neat show with lots of really cool cakes!

Gracie

1 comment:

K said...

Is Matt going to the New Orleans Youth Gathering? Because my Youth and Parents are going! It would be neat to see him there!