Saturday, July 3, 2010

Tigers Win!

Sarah arrived home yesterday after lunch and we got packed up to go to the Detroit Tigers baseball game! Since my boot only came off 3 days earlier, I brought it along in case my foot/leg hurt. Sure enough my calf and foot were pretty sore by the time we got to Comerica Park.  It is amazing how much the boot relieves my discomfort. So while Jeff and Matt went to park the Prius, Sarah and I went to pick up our tickets at the Will Call window, then waited by the gate for them.  A stadium worker told me I could get a ride in a wheelchair to me seat in the upper deck and they would pick me up there at the end of the fireworks!  So I didn't have to hobble through the stadium up ramps and such all the way up to our upper deck seats. The weather was nice and the game was a winner!  Lots of hitting, including a 2 run homer my Johnny Damon.  Brennan Boesch had a great night too! I think he should get rookie of the year.  He was a W Michigan Whitecap just a few years ago.  Woohoo! The fireworks after the game were really great. I took a video and will post on my facebook page.  My other pictures will be here and on the  photo album.

Instead of driving all the way home after the game and fireworks, we stayed at a hotel just outside Detroit. We had a late night Taco Bell dinner too.  Jeff and Matthew enjoyed some swimming this morning and we also watched Germany defeat Argentina in the World Cup.  Drove through Lansing to find a place to eat, instead we got a picture of the capital and decided to keep going.  Had a delicious lunch at a local place in Ionia. The kids had pizza and Jeff and I had lasagna and canneloni respectively.  I ordered a cannoli  and split it with Jeff.  Mmm. It was good.

Heard from Mary this afternoon. They are attending the barbershop finals tonight and will be taking the train into New York City tomorrow for the 4th of July!  They are very excited!  It will be nice for them not having to drive for a day.  Hope they stay cool! Supposed to be a hot 4th of July everywhere! Glad they are having a  wonderful time.

We are home now.  Watched more World Cup and now Star Wars. I am liking our new cable channels and am slowly learning how to use Charter internet and email.  So here is my little request.  Can you email us at my our new address so I can make sure I have your address in my new charter account?  Thanks! Our addresses are the same EXCEPT with '@charter.net' instead of "sbcglobal.net.'

Gracie

No comments: