Monday, July 12, 2010

Catch UP! It's Softball Monday!

A lot has happened since my last entry.  Time seems to fly by and before I know it, I am behind again. Started living by my list of things to do, so hopefully I will get back on track.  I just keep putting one foot in front of the other.

SATURDAY started out with chocolate chip pancakes for Sarah and me.  She got up early to do laundry and I just got up.  We enjoyed watching some movies together and also watching the world cup.  Mary played for the wedding and was home later in the afternoon. I wanted to do something else fun with the kids before Sarah went back to Holland, so I made Matthew's favorite meal, Chicken and Noodles then we all went to see "Despicable Me" (not in 3D).  It was ok.  Not sure who ever thought up such a crazy plot for a story.  There are some good moments surrounded by dumb, silly humor.  All in all we still had fun together.

SUNDAY started early as we met up with Mitch and Deann to attend church at Grace Lutheran Church in Coopersville. Matthew and Mitch will be going to the youth gathering with them at the end of the week.  The service was very nice and I am glad that we were there for the commissioning.  Matthew received his t-shirts that he will wear during the gathering. When the church made the shirts, they even had Mt Calvary Lutheran put on the sleeve along with theirs.  He is getting excited and we did some shopping for some stuff for his trip. They want the kids to have just carry on suitcases, so he can only have the 3oz liquids in his possession. Still need to find  a small sunscreen and make sure he has enough shorts. I think he does, but promised we would discuss it.  Mary worked at McDonald's for 5 long hours, then got cleaned up and went to a family party at Brandon's house. She had a good time.

OTHER UPDATES~  I am doing well with stretching and icing of my leg.  I think that I am making progress.  I had therapy this morning and rode the bike 10 minutes, did some exercises and then the therapist did some stretching a massage.  The bike was tiring! The exercises went ok, my invert/evert of my ankle was a little off and making circles with the ankle was very hard! Then the massage of the incision area and muscle was pretty tender and sore. So far a good PT experience. Matthew had his haircut short for the upcoming trip this week.  It looks great.  He also had to work today at the childcare. Sarah is very happy at her job, but is unhappy that she can't play softball with the team tonight.  Mary has agreed to play and be the 3rd girl. Tonight is our last regular game of the season. We are 6-2 right now. Will we be 7-2 or 6-3? If if doesn't rain we will have our answer tonight.  Tomorrow is the potluck for the National Youth Gathering at Grace Church so I will still need to bake something and thoroughly heat up some pulled pork I had frozen since Mary's party.

That is all...have a safe evening!

Missing My Man,

Gracie

No comments: