Friday, July 9, 2010

A Productive Day!

Jeff left at 0430 this morning for Houston to attend the National Convention of the LCMS.  I know that he arrived safely and is at a baseball game tonight with his brother and family.   Astros vs the Cardinals!  I told him to root for the Cardinals! I am not sure if I will hear from him tonight again or not.

Mary had a brief English lesson today with her student, as she arrived late. Then we were off to Grand Rapids for shopping.  First we dropped Mary off at her friends house for a few hours and went on a search for good tennis shoes for me. We went to Dick's sporting goods and looked at a pair and then Sarah, being so smart, said I need a shoe with arch support, since they fall when I walk. They had nothing like that, and there wasn't a worker to help me with shoes.  Hmmm.  Next stop MC Sports. Same story, no workers and no shoes.  I wondered if I should try the Gazelle Sports again.  Sarah told me that they are good and they send their athletes there for fittings. I called ahead and asked if there was someone there that could help me and they assured me that they would take good care of me.  So we went back and this time was completely different.  The lady evaluated my feet and picked out some shoes that would be best for my foot and needs.  I bought a pair that feel great.  The sales lady told me if I go to PT and they don't feel right, they would take them back and get something else.  So far I have worn them in the house, and am very pleased. By then it was time to back in pick up Mary.  Luckily her friend lives close to good shopping too, and we stopped at Kohl's to look for some shoes for Sarah. She found three pairs!  I bought the ones for Athletic Training and she bought the others.  Mary bought some more dresses and a U-Mich t-shirt. Matthew got some new tennis shoes too, he has agreed to help pay for them. They look very nice on him. I took the kids to Steak n Shake for dinner,where we got prompt service and good food.

We got home before 6 pm since Mary had a wedding rehearsal to attend. Some of took  a nap, others worked on the computer and watched tv.  Now we are watching a movie with our Wii and Netflix.  It is a comedy with Gene Wilder, Madeline Kahn and Marty Feldman. Sure to be a funny one!

Tomorrow Mary has a wedding to play for and Sarah will have to go back to Holland for another few weeks of work.

That is all for today...

Gracie

No comments: