Thursday, July 8, 2010

Let The Whirlwinds Begin!

Things are going to get crazy around here...People going and coming, therapy and work. I have decided to blog by each person today..

JEFF is packing his suitcase for trip number one.  Tomorrow at 0400, he and another delegate from our circuit will be going to Houston at attend the LCMS National Convention. Our sister Lisa is going to pick them up from the airport.  I also know that Jeff will be going to an Astros baseball game with Greg and Lisa too. Not really sure how many are going.  Jeff got some tickets online for the game last night. He will be gone until July17 and be home for one night and church service, before leaving again for military duty in South Carolina. Unfortunately, he will miss a visit from his cousin Adam and Jill and their girls.  Matthew Mary and I will be glad to spend time together. Jeff returns home on the 30th or 31st of July!  He will leave again in August for a month,working in Miami like last winter.  He has worked hard this week, getting everything in order for church, the Air Force and here at home. I am soooo appreciative!

GRACE started physical therapy yesterday.  It was a very good experience, and I am glad that I am going to my surgeon's therapist. They know exactly what he wants and expects. I have stretching exercises, some of which I have been doing since  my staples came out and I could go without the boot.  My leg muscles are more sore now and I am icing again.  That is expected and ice really helps a lot. The therapist gave me a compression sleeve for my leg to give it some support and help reduce swelling. When my leg/foot hurts, I am supposed to wear the boot, that helps a lot too. All in all my foot is better than before surgery and my rehab is right on schedule.  My therapist doesn't want me to start work for another month and then only a 4 hour shift at a time. I am back to doing laundry. I just go slow up and down the stairs and only if I have both shoes on!(Not the big boot)  Don't worry, I don't want to overdo! Need to get some new tennis shoes with good support for my rehab. Went to Gazelle sports, since they are supposed to have experts trained in what shoe is best for your foot.  Well, when I arrived at the store I saw a very knowledgeable guy helping someone else and was very excited to get some advice. The salesman that asked to help me obviously had very little knowledge about feet and shoes.  I was very disappointed to say the least cause I really want to get the best shoes for me for once! I didn't get any shoes. :(

In the meantime I have plenty of paperwork to do, a desk to clear and am most excited about visiting with Jeff's cousin and the following weekend with his Aunt Bobbie and Uncle Bill.  I will also be sending off Matthew to the LCMS National Youth Gathering on July 16th and be the airport shuttle for family members coming and going. In early August I will be traveling with Matthew and Sarah to Florida for a week. We are going to spend time with my brothers and mom. Not sure when Jeff's parent's are back from their summer journey, they may be part of the agenda too.

Lastly, I have had it with my hair!  Just don't know what to do with it. My last haircut before Mary's graduation was a mistake.  I need a style that can be wash and wear, and this didn't work. I really don't want to go back to my salon and am looking for a new place to go. Mary had her hair cut by Brandon's sister and she did a nice job.  Mary says she is a miracle worker!  Will keep you updated.

SARAH has been home for the last week and we have had a lot of fun.  She has been able to play ball again, visit her friend in Traverse City and go to a Tigers game with us last weekend.  Sarah had a great time with her friend, eating out, swimming, shopping, attending the Cherry Festival and  making arts and crafts.  I am glad she is having fun. Next work day is  Sunday, so she will go back to Holland on Saturday for a few more weeks. Then we have to move her back home with all of her stuff and then back again to her house for her junior year on August 15th.  We are going to be experts for sure! The big questions is whether Sarah will be able to pitch for the game on Monday.  We are going to be down a few other players including Jeff my other regular pitcher. Mary has agreed to play for our team and be the 3rd girl should Sarah not be able to play.

MARY has been busy since her return from Philadelphia. We found a TV stand for her dorm room for $4.00 and enjoyed lunch together at Applebee's with Jeff. She worked yesterday and today at McDonald's and also had cello lessons and english tutoring.  She has another student tomorrow and then will spend time in Grand Rapids with her girl friend while Sarah and I go shoe shopping.   Matthew doesn't have to work tomorrow since there won't be enough kids at daycare. I think she has a wedding gig this weekend.

MATTHEW loves his job.  He came home and told us that a few kids snuck into the bathroom and flushed a few cars down the toilet. There is never a dull moment at a daycare center.   He is getting ready for his trip to New Orleans next week.  We will be attending Grace Lutheran Church in Coopersville, MI on Sunday. They are going to have a send off during the service. Then on Tuesday we will attend the final meeting with the same group and have a potluck dinner. I am taking pulled pork sandwiches. I have some questions for the leader too.  I am hoping that perhaps Matthew can spend some time with Uncle Dan, Aunt Janelle and all since they will be there too.

Matthew finished his Segment II driving class.  Now he just has to pass his road test.  I don't do that job, Jeff does, so he won't be taking the test until early August at the earliest.  I think that will give him more time to practice the dreaded parallel parking.  He loves to look at cars to buy.  I remind him that he needs money to buy a car, for it's gas and for insurance.  Patience.

Well, that sums up our lives for the moment.  I will try to update as often as possible. 

Happy Friday!

Gracie!

No comments: