Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

We had a nice Thanksgiving. Sarah and I made muffins and bacon for breakfast and most of the family watched the DVD of the Choir concert. Then the athletic training student wrapped wrists, ankles and arches. Boy she does a great job. Sarah and I watched the parade, what would Thanksgiving be without it?


Mary helped me with the bird and food preparations. Jeff and Matthew put up Christmas lights. They look great! The girls got in a nice nap and I worked on laundry, boy it sure piles up after a few days, plus I am glad to do Sarah's for her to when she comes home. Mary woke up a little stiff, so Sarah, AT student, did some stretching with her and she feels much better! By now the turkey was nearly ready so the girls and I split up the menu items and got the food done and Jeff showed Matt how to carve the turkey. Everything was good. Meat, potatoes, stuffing, candied carrots, corn on the cob, rolls and pumpkin pie (Mary and I made them last night) with whip cream. We all pitched in and cleaned up the kitchen then went shopping.



We got some really good buys. First I got a new winter coat at K-Mart 50% off. It is green and cream. I like it very much and it has a removable/reversible lining. Mary found a blouse. Next was Meijer. We got some more milk and a few other groceries plus some new Canon bath towels for only 2.99 each! WoW! They are really nice too. Our old ones are really showing their use.

After we got home Matthew, Jeff and I watched a silly Disney movie, College Road Trip. It was pretty dumb but had us laughing hard a few times especially at the end. Sarah watched a movie in her room and Mary's friend, Brandon, came over to visit. By then we were ready for pie. It was very good. I made it with pumpkin pie spice instead of using cinnamon, ginger and cloves individually since I was out of cloves. Everyone said it was delicious and enjoyed the whip cream on top too!

Now things are quiet and everyone but me is in bed asleep. It was a good day and I am thankful! Thank you God for all of our blessings, especially family!


Grace
PS~There are lots more pictures on the Wilhelm Family Photos! Just click on the link in the upper left column.