Friday, November 14, 2008

Opening Night

Opening night of Guys and Dolls was great! There was close to a full house and there were no major problems. Mary did a excellent job and sang her solo the best I have ever heard. I found out after the show that she had a bad headache during the performance. You never would have known. She is really talented at so many things and I am very proud of her. Brandon, Mary's friend, was just spectacular as Sky Masterson. What a polished performer. The singing was really good too. I really liked Mary's song "More I Cannot Wish You"..Brandon's "Luck Be a Lady" and Nicely singing "Sit Down You're Rockin the Boat". Selling tickets was a blast. We now have a computer with a ticket machine. I clicked away at selling seats and the tickets spit right out by the patron. I even learned how to return tickets and sell tickets in advance for another nights show. Matthew has enjoyed being behind the scenes with construction and moving the sets between acts. His great-grandpa, a master carpenter, would be proud. We all are. You can read the review from the paper here: http://www.thedailynews.cc/main.asp?Search=1&ArticleID=23163&SectionID=2&SubSectionID=233&S=1

Matthew's soccer banquet was last night. It was a dessert buffet. I took brownies. Matthew received a certificate and a Yellow Jacket patch for a Letterman's coat. Those coats are awfully expensive. Sarah wanted one for awhile then realized that after high school she wouldn't wear it anymore. I don't know how Matt feels about a coat. I do know he is still waiting for his class ring. Anyway the coach also showed a slideshow of the season that was really nice. He is a nice person.
I finished my latest quilt top for a baby quilt. It is purple and yellow with little horses on it. I have started a new on with a darling doggie print. I enjoy making baby quilts because it doesn't take me a year to finish it. My piano lesson went very well and I got some laundry done, so it has been a productive and fun day!

Jeff comes home late tomorrow night. I will have worked my shift, had a quick dinner and back for another show. Saturday morning I have a haircut, Sunday School and kids choir practice, a party and closing night of the show. The chimes play Sun morning. I think I have it all together. Just one step at a time.

Still waiting to hear back from my new doctor about having my repair surgery before the end of the year. I have met my deductible, so it would be wise to have that taken care of. Sarah is well and busy at school. I will have to check to see if her new asthma med is helping.

It is late..better get some winks.

Good Night!

Grace