Sunday, November 2, 2008

It's Been Too Long

My last entry really filled you in one the week's events. Mary's first orchestra concert was very nice. They played some wedding music and then some spanish selections. My work went well this week too. I am thankful to be healthy so far, since my client's brother was very sick at home Friday. We had some really nice weather for Halloween and our church's trunk or treat was well attended. Jeff and I passed out candy at church using a card game, and Mary and a few of her friends passed out 1,000 pieces of candy at our house. Unfortunately, my little patient and her family couldn't come to trunk or treat, but we did take pictures of the kids while I was at work and I have permission to post a one of my cute little pumpkin.

Our weekend has been filled with some shopping, play rehearsals, small group and youth group. Kid's choir sang this morning and they did great. I even got the congregation to join in on the last verse of "Soon and Very Soon". Of course our Sunday ends with bowling. We won three tonight that should keep us at least tied for first place! My new high game this season is a 160! I am bowling better, just need to pick up more spares. Jeff had two 160 games! Randy's last game was a 199. We had a fun time and that is what is important right? I like to win too.

Tomorrow I work 12 hours 5a-5p. The kids have the day off of school, but have play practice and scene shop in the afternoon. Musical groups are meeting all week and I have a good portion of my next quilt done. Wednesday I have worship meeting and Friday Jeff and I are going to Hope College for parents weekend. We are only staying on Friday and then going home. You can refer to the previous entry about the events we want to attend. So instead of working my normal m-w-f, I am only working mon and sat.

I would be remiss if Ididn't mention election day. I am praying hard about this election and as hard as I try not to, I worry about our country's future. I am still stumped as to how a candidate with so little experience and questionable friends, connections and scruples is so attractive to so many Americans. I am angry with the news reporters and the media in general for being so biased in it's reporting and really pushing a candidate down our throats.
I am voting for smaller government, less taxes and most of all pro-life!

God Bless America....Keep us the Land of the Free!
Grace


Found these cute pictures of Sarah from Halloween. Soccer player and also with the AT's dressed up as injured football players.