Thursday, November 20, 2008

A Snowy Thursday

Snowy. That is what started out this Thursday. We had another new dusting of snow overnight and a pretty have snow shower this morning. I took a few pictures for your viewling pleasure. It has been quite cold all week and will remain cold through the weekend. I am not sure if we will hit 30 tomorow. Matthew and Mary are glad to see snow again. I am too. Jeff comments are I was just in sunny Arizona and now I am in snow. He really likes the warm weather. Sarah reports snow in Holland too. Yesterday she called and asked me to send her dance tights. I knew she wanted them to help keep her warm.




Sarah's other great news is that she got a 95% on her Anatomy Lab Exam. Hurray! Her new medicine is working for her. She is breathing easier with running, but her knee is acting up now. She doesn't let a little pain get in her way of softball. I encouraged her to have her knee looked at by an AT person or doctor. We will see how it goes. Sarah comes home for Thanksgiving next Wednesday.

Mary did well at auditions and was called back today for another go round. That is a good thing! Her friend Brandon did too. Mary will know by tomorrow if she was casted. Pray that she does...She is a great actress so I feel confident, but prayers never hurt anyone.

Matthew applied/interviewed for crew. He will find out this week if we will be working with the one act play. He'd like to learn how to do lights or sound. He has done a good job for them in the past, so I hope that he gets a slot this time too. Usually there isn't interviews for plays, but with the one act, the company travels for competition, so this year the director is limiting the number of people so they only need one bus. Make sense to me. The baseball season has begun. They have open gyms on Sunday evening and Wednesday mornings at 6 am! They throw, run and practice in the gym. He really had fun. He got nailed in the thigh by a ball and has thread marks as proof. In the Wilhelm family that is almost like a medal! We have all had them, with the exception of Mary, who is our family fan!

I am on the edge of overload. I am keeping up for now, but there is a lot going on. Church work, house work, nursing, kids and dogs. There certainly isn't a dull moment. I need to call my Sunday School people before Saturday. One of our quilters passed away and her funeral is Sat. Practice needed to be changed. Looks like I will be singing for the funeral too. The family requested a song and many people are going to be gone this weekend. I don't mind though, because Pauline was a very special person to me. There is Orchestra tonight and we play on Sunday. Work 12 hours tomorrow and then some hours on Saturday too. I only work one day next week, so I don't mind putting in a few more. Kids choir went well last night. Thanks to my friend Annette, she got them started while I was running late. The kids really sound nice.

Well, I guess I should get going. I need to fold some clothes, shower and get over to quilting. I always want to get there earlier, but it usually just before lunch. My sewing machine at church is terminal. The motor is going to die sooner than later. I will miss that machine. I will have get used to another one. For now, I just sew until the machine stops. After a week of rest it works again. I get about 2-3 hours of intermittant use of the machine. Sniff Sniff.

Have a great and sunny or snowy day!

Grace