Sunday, November 23, 2008

A Quick Weekend Note

I had a good day at work yesterday. My little princess slept 8 of my 12 hour shift. We had fun playing the other four. She sure is a little cutie. I worked tonight for 5 hours so the rest of the family could go out to the movies with her friend. Mary babysat the new baby tonight. He wouldn't enjoy the movie. It was an uneventful night of fun and pictures. I got permission to post pictures of my patient and me. We have a very special relationship.



This morning was the funeral for my friend Pauline. She was a wonderful friend and quilter. The service was very nice. Mary and I sang "In the Garden". We had many compliments. I was a little shaky at first, but pulled it together without any noticeable mistakes. Here's to you Pauline!

Sunday school Christmas practice was next and we did ok. We had a lot of important people away this weekend. We have two more practices before we lead the service. I think things will go ok. We will work more on logistics and teaching the kids to read a little slower and louder.

Tomorrow the Orchestra plays for the Sunday Service and for the community Thanksgiving service held at our church. There will be a mass choir, praise team and combined orchestra. I just got a message that two people are coming to play with us. They dont have the music and haven't rehearsed. Their director assures me that they can play anything! I am a little nervous about that. Plus the orchestra is playing across the sanctuary from me due the the praise team.


We prebowled last week for tomorrow nights game and won all four. I hope that puts us back, at least tied for first instead of second.


I finally rescheduled my repair surgery from last August to Dec 18th. I found a new doctor and feel that she will take good care of me and my needs. She spent a lot of time discussing my problem and options. For the next few weeks I will have doctor visits to prepare for surgery. I realize it is right before the holidays, but at least I will have the holidays off for medical leave. I should be fine for church for Christmas Eve. It should save us money too, since I have already met my deductible for the year. I will keep you posted.

Well, I'd better get off to bed.

Grace