Tuesday, November 4, 2008

#3: It's Over....

It was a long shot I know. But I had to have hope. Now I have to come to grips with the truth. It won't be easy. Sarah reminded me that all things happen for a reason. I will trust and have faith in my God who is omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent. He has the whole world in His hands and that is a good place to be.

The coverage has been hard to watch. Oprah and Jesse Jackson crying at the rally. I was crying too, but for totally different reasons. I have never had a problem with the color of Barack's skin, but I do with his stance on the issues. The definition of marriage is on the line. The continuation of late term abortions of humans who have a right to live. Saving and keeping our earnings and private health insurance for my family because each family knows what is best for them. Drilling offshore at home and using alternative energy and being free from foreign oil seems like the best answer to high gas prices and electricity bills. Having a commander-in-chief without any military experience, is a scary feeling. Thanks to the mainstream media, Americans were worrying about having an "inexperienced" VP, instead they have chosen a president with even less experience and questionable friends. I hope America is ready for change, because with a majority in congress and the White House, they can do just about anything. Anything. I hope I am wrong. I hope that our country will remain what our founding fathers and veterans have fought for.

Locally, the people of the state of Michigan have approved "regulated" marijuana use and it's private growing as prescribed by a physicain and to expand stem cell research to include embrionic stem cells under certain conditions. In any condition it is a human being. I just found out that a member at our church who ran for commissioner has also lost. It seems like everything I voted for, lost today.

In closing, I will continue to support the conservative viewpoint, pledge my alleigence to the United States of America and forever live to God's glory! Tomorrow can be a better day!

In God We Trust,



Grace


Be sure to read all 3 installments on the blog for today.