Tuesday, November 4, 2008

#1: Praying For a Fair Election & God Pleasing Outcome


Well, today is the day. I have been really "worked up" about this election. Yesterday I even shed a few tears in fear of where our nation is headed if "the people" vote for a "new" America not with smaller or bigger government, but with a "better" government. That sentence has some scary words in there. Who is to decide what is better? I certainly don't want some politicians deciding what is best for me or how much of my money I get to keep and how much they think I need to donate toward trillions in spending and "spreading" others wealth around. I for one have been saving for my family's future since my first job out of nursing school. I am grateful that there are people more wealthy than me that can afford to hire me as an employee. If someone can make 1 million playing baseball than good for them..way to go! Follow your dreams. What motivation will there be to get ahead if you know that it will taxed away from you? The only way to make everyone equal is to make everyone poor. A young lady told me just the other day, " I really think that Obama is dating America. He says a lot of nice things, promises us tax breaks and change everything into good. But if he gets into office, he will break up with us (America)." That says it all. Don't you think? I actually went to the Obama calculator to see what kind of tax relief we will receive. According to site, he will save me an extra $33 than McCain, only he won't drill, he will allow same sex marriage and continue to allow the killing of innocent babies even into late pregnancy! There really is one choice...John McCain!

Going on to a new subject. The city arrived today to fix the drainage problem on our side street. In the winter our driveway floods then turns to ice! We can barely get out of our own driveway. So the city is digging up the street and our curb to fix it. We will have to park on the street in front of our house while they work is being done. Don' t know how long it will take. I will have to take some pictures of the process.

So for today...I am going to go vote, buy tickets to the GR Symphony Concert here on 12/9 and then go golf with Norma and have lunch. I had some jewelry fixed that I need to pick up and prepare for worship meeting tomorrow. Plus I have some Sunday School issues that I need to take care of. Did I mention laundry? There is always laundry to do. I need to go to the store too, since we are out of milk and few other things. I also got my stamping stuff and plan to work on a few projects. Whew! Good thing I don't work till Saturday!

I forgot to post the pictures of our pumpkins. Matt carved his own this year and did a great job. I carved the two simple ones and Matt did the nice one. I am so proud!



Well better get to my activities. Next post should be soon!
Grace

(cat tails at"Grace's" golf course)