Monday, May 18, 2009

Driving and Softball

Today was Matthew's first day of Driver's Education. He was so happy to start and will drive for the first time on Friday. He can't wait. I guess they showed a movie that kind of scared the kids a little. I think that is ok, since driving can be dangerous. He has written is paper and tomorrow will be type type type! Unfortunately, he has to have a few baby teeth pulled in the afternoon and then driving again tomorrow evening. Lots to do!


Our church softball team did well again tonight. We won 32-9! I had some really good hits tonight, and crossed the plate twice! There are lots of good hitters on our team. All of the Wilhelm's got a least one hit tonight. Two of my hits went to the outfield. I am not much of a fielder, so I play behind the plate a few innings to earn a place in the lineup. We have next week off and play one of the toughest teams on June 1st. The weather was just perfect for the game, so that was nice too.

Tomorrow is the High School Jazz Band Concert. I really want to go, but I am working night shift tomorrow. I will see how much sleep I get and how Matt is doing with his paper, before I decide if I go to the concert and then go right to work. Sarah is umpiring her first game behind the plate tomorrow. I know that she will do a good job. She sure loves ball. We will also need to figure out who has what car when. I can get dropped off at 9 pm and get picked up the next morning.
Thursday is academic awards day. Both Mary and Matthew will be receiving awards that day. Friday is the senior's last day of school and then Mary will be at the top of the totem pole. She will be very sad though, as her best friends are seniors.

That is all for now.

Grace