Sunday, May 3, 2009

Wow We Wow!

We've had some beautiful weather! Brandon came to pick Mary up for play practice in his '65 Mustang Convertible. Isn't it a beauty! This was supposed to be the prom car too, but of course it was raining cats and dogs that night. Practice is over and Mary is out with her friends probably watching TV and maybe going on a boat ride.

Church was very nice. It was confirmation day. All the kids had very nice professsion of faith speeches. The music was good too. My kids choir dwindled to only 2, sisters, that are very committed and enthusiastic. The sang the song as a duet into the microphone and did a great job. Had many compliments. Mary played the guitar for a song included in the children's message~ I Just Want to be a Sheep. Very fitting as it is Good Shepherd Sunday as well.

Softball practice was awesome! We had a good turnout and good hitting and fielding, except for the coach who couldn't get her glove on the ball most the practice. I know my limits and usually put myself in as catcher or RF. Batting is just so much more fun! Sarah skipped practice today. Her right knee is really hurting. She is self-treating right now until her MD appt next week. She also stayed up all night watching movies with some high school friends she hasn't seen in a while. I guess before they knew it, the sun rose! Sarah made it through church and lunch then passed out on her bed. Now she is out with some friends for some more fun. This week however, is find a summer job week. She has several applications filled out ready to turn in. I don't know how people feel about hiring just for the summer. I guess we will find out.

I am working two shifts tomorrow. I work early form 0530-0930 then again from 2100- 0800. Sarah will be driving us all around tomorrow, including getting the kids to school most of the week. Jeff is going on Military Duty tonight and won't be home until Friday or Saturday. So if Sarah goes job hunting, she will need a car. I am probably working Friday for sure too. I will get the schedule tomorrow. I applied for a couple more jobs this weekend. Both OB jobs one 20 minutes away and the other at the hospital that shafted me 3 years ago. The home care job is always changing. The nurse who was going to work all kinds of shifts, is backing out of a lot of them and guess who is supposed to pick them up? In the end, I could use all the shifts possible with college and two in the show choir! So Yay!!!

Matt has another ball game tomorrow afternoon. I will sleep, work,sleep, watch ball game, sleep and work. I am not sure if Matt will pitch, only time will tell. He plays second base too, so at least he plays most of the time.

Well, I think that is about all. Have a great Monday. I will be a zombie on Tuesday for sure!

~Grace