Thursday, May 21, 2009

Honor Roll

This was awards week at Greenville High School. Today was honor roll day. Both Mary and Matthew received academic awards this morning. We are very proud. Before I know it, Mary will be graduating. Tomorrow is Swingout, the seniors last day. Three students will deliver speeches, and student government will change over to the class of 2010. After the morning ceremony the students swingout and leave on the mystery trip planned by the senior parents. I think Matthew will be playing in the band for the processional tomorrow and on Graduation, May 31. Mary will play with the orchestra at Baccalaureate on Thursday.


I worked nights last Tuesday and had a pretty good night. My patient slept through most of the shift. The next day is always pretty rough. I slept several hours, but with at least 4 phone interruptions. I just don't feel like doing much of anything,except recover. By midnight was wide awake again and did work on the computer till 0300! While I was sitting at the computer I heard my little night friends in the wall! I don't think we will ever be rid of the bats! There! I just called the bat man and told him I heard them. He wasn't too happy. Neither are we. What will we do next??

I have tomorrow off to attend Swingout. I would love to see the kids in their caps and gowns. I won't get to go to graduation. Then I think I am going to take Sarah to Grand Rapids for some clothes that she needs. The weekend kicks off with a 12 hour shift on Saturday afternoon. We had hoped to go to Ohio for a family baptism, but Matthew has driving class on Monday evening. So the drive to Columbus was a little far for the amount of time we would spend visiting. We hope to incorporate a visit to see the new baby this summer. We do have a graduation open house on Monday for one of Mary's "boys".

Sarah has another game to umpire tonight. She is behind the plate. Matt finally has a day of rest. Tomorrow is his first day behind the wheel of a car! He can't wait. We also want to see the next Night at the Museum movie.

Well, better finish up the laundry, only 2 loads to go!

Grace