Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day

Happy Memorial Day! It has been a beautiful weekend here in Greenville, MI. Jeff and Matt got a lot of yard work done this weekend. We hope to have a nice green lawn this year. We also did some cleaning around the house and Sarah continues to unpack the never-ending boxes in her room. I guess she is leaving some packed with stuff she doesn't need until she is back at college.

On the fun side of things we went to see Night at the Museum-#2. We thought it was good. We grilled out burgers last night and then hot dogs today for lunch after spending time at the driving range hitting golf balls. I can't say that I got any better. Mary gave it a try as well. An onlooker thinks she would be happier with longer clubs. Matthew still likes to hit it like a baseball, but has many good hits. I continue to have good and bad shots eventhough I feel like I am hitting it the same way. Jeff helped Mary and Matt, as did I a little bit, then finished up his bucket. I think Matt was "helping" dad empty it by hitting some of his balls. This afternoon we celebrated at our firsts graduation open house. They had wings and meatballs some "regular" and some "hot", like the graduate prefers. The cake was delicious.

Now Mary is out at Brandon's house enjoying time with her best friend. I am sure it is an awesome sunset on the lake. Jeff is back working on the yard, Sarah in her room and I am holding off on the laundry since the sprinklers are running.
We have been thinking of our family in Ohio this weekend, celebrating the baptism of Claire! It would have been nice to see everyone and meet our newest little cousin. Hopefully we will get to visit them later this summer.

I work Tues 5a-5p, Wed 10-5p and Friday 8a-4p. Not much time to get other things done. I will just continue to plug along day by day trying to get as much done as I can. That is all I can do.

Thank you to all of our troops! Especially those in our family, Jeff and Bob! We are proud of your service to our country!


~Grace