Saturday, May 30, 2009

Time to Catch Up

Baccalaureate was very nice on Thursday evening. The orchestra played Slane, aka Be Thou My Vision pretty well. The second violins always struggle. There was some good scripture readings and the Village Green sang You Raise My Up. It brought tears to my eyes. The Catholic Priest gave the address and did a really nice job too. It was all over by 8 pm. I had to race out of there to pick Matthew up from driver's ed. Tomorrow is Gradaution! Mary and I will attend and Matthew will be playing in the band. As for Mary and Matthew they have one more full day of school and then 3 days of finals. Mary has only one due to exemptions and taking the AP tests earlier this year. Matthew has to take all of them, poor guy. He was sick and missed more than three days, so no exemptions for him. I don't think he will have to take a band test, since he is playing for graduation, just as Mary played for baccalaureate as her orchestra test.

Friday I worked again, only 6 hours but I was just exhausted! I took a nap after taking Mary out to Brandon's. Then Sarah took the van to her Hope College friends house. They enjoyed pizza together and then saw the movie UP! They liked it very much. I guess Mary and Brandon are going to see it tonight. Matt Jeff and I went to Home Depot and looked at new lawnmowers. Our old one's self propelled thing a ma job broke. We decided however after looking at new ones just to repair the old one and use it until it stops again. On the way home we enjoyed burgers from Checkers, something we don't get to eat very often.

Today I helped at our church's garage sale for 4 hours. We did pretty well. Made some money for this summer's VBS. Mary and I went shopping, she went running and I am blogging. Matt and Jeff got some mulch for the "flower" beds. I think that our grass is looking pretty good. I play for church tomorrow, so I will be practicing and organizing music for the morning and next week's trinity service. The orchestra will play the whole service next week. Tomorrow is also the last Sunday of regular Sunday School. Starting in June, sunday school stops and we have church at 0900 with Kids Church during the sermon.

Of course I will have to try and keep up with chores, laundry, cooking and keeping track of our day to day activities. I got a letter from my job in Lansing that I need to come and fix some nurses notes. I think they are crazy. They sent the same letter to another nurse here for forgetting to check one box. They will be getting a call from me on Monday. I take a lot of care to make sure things are right and do a lot for them.

The bat man should be out this week. Sadly, he rolled his new truck last week. He is ok, but the truck is totalled. I heard our batty friends last night near my closet and in the ceiling. I still wonder if we will ever be rid of them. Seems normal to hear them now. That is Crazy!
That is all for now.. Have a great day!


~Gracie