Friday, May 22, 2009

Swingout!

Swingout for the Class of 2009 was very nice. All three student speeches were good, especially the welcome. Village Green sang a song from the musical "Wicked". It was very moving. Matthew played in the band for the processional and recessional. They play a song from Star Wars. He had to dress up today, tie and all! I think he looks great! The band director liked his State tie, she's a Spartan! The whole class got a balloon and they had a ballon release in honor of a classmate who died from leukemia. I think that was nice. Thought about mingling with some of the graduates, but it was crowded and cold this morning. So I decided to let it be a day for their family and school mates.

I finally finished the laundry and even made dinner for this evening! Wow! Matthew is driving for the first time tonight. I am happy for him and also a little nervous. He will be riding while other students learn to drive. I have been praying a lot today, so I will include that too. Pray for my little patient as she is quite sick again. Waiting to hear from her mom. She took her to the doctor today. I am supposed to work tomorrow for eleven hours. Sarah will be going with me and taking care of two of the boys.

Tonight we hope to watch the movie about Benjamin Button. I hear that is very good and I will need kleenex. Mary has been invited to join up with her senior friends after their mystery trip and spend time together at a friend's house. I am glad that they included her. She is going to miss all of them. Everyone is growing up too fast. Technically I guess Mary is a senior now!

Better check on the dinner!

Grace
PS- Mary got two tickets to graduation! She and I will attend commencement anyway~