Saturday, October 17, 2009

Sarah's Home

Got home from work on time yesterday. Jeff and I drove over to Hope College and brought Sarah home for the weekend. It is fall break. She was supposed to have a Spanish midterm Friday but after a couple twists and turns, the midterm is now on Wednesday, the day after they get back from break. Sarah had hoped to get it over with. She and some friends studied two hours together on Thursday to be prepared! We went to the Greenville High School football homecoming game on the way home. Sarah worked down on the field with Mr Day. It was very cold. I had to go sit in the car, since I wasn't dressed warm enough. After we got home we ordered a pizza and enjoyed eating together watching baseball.

This morning I drove Mary to Central Michigan University for the Centralis Scholarship competition. It was an unusual day. Mary found grammatical errors on the power point and the message from the professor of the year got a little silly. Didn't even get the weather science right. The e-mail confirmation letter Mary received from the admissions office had run on sentences and poor punctuation. It doesn't give her a lot of motivation to go there for preparing as an English teacher. As for the competition, she said the essay question was easy. We won't know if she makes it to the next round until January. Should she win, the scholarship is a full ride scholarship for 4 years.

This afternoon we are watching football. Mary and I listened to the Wolverines on the radio on the way home from CMU. They were way ahead at half time~40 something to 3. We are watching OU battle Texas. Poor Bradford is injured again. Wonder if I will be able to watch the Gators tonight? I do have to prepare for Sunday School and I play for church tomorrow. Chimes play for the first time of the season. Lots to do! Laundry is extra large with all of us at home. I don't mind....I love having Sarah home. She is going to have a few friends over to watch a horror movie tonight. I won't be joining them this time. Matthew has decided to go to the homecoming dance afterall. Brandon is coming home tonight, so Mary will go spend time with him this weekend.

Well, if I am going to be prepared for tomorrow, I had better get moving!.....after the game!

Grace