Thursday, October 15, 2009

Spirit Week

This is spirit week. It ends with our school's homecoming game on Friday and the dance on Saturday. Neither Mary or Matthew will be going to the dance this year. It will save me some money on dresses, clothes and hair! Anyway the week started off with twin day. Mary and a friend wore the same style shirt. Tuesday was camo day. Mary wore Matt's paintball camo shirt/jacket with jeans and Matthew wore a black shirt and camo pants. Yesterday was black and White day. Mary looked very very nice..Matt didn't want to participate which is fine. Today was wear your favorite school clothes. Mary wore Michigan and Matthew wore Michigan State! Will there be a rivalry within the family? Sarah of course would be wearing Hope College. Tomorrow is Purple and Gold day, GHS school colors! I hope we can win our football game.

I had a good day today. Got some things accomplished in the morning including baking brownies for the quilter's lunch. They turned out really tasty! Never put candy corn on brownies until after you bake them...they sink and melt. I learned that today. I got three more rows on my moose quilt done. It is looking really nice. This afternoon I tried to use a computer program to write music for orchestra. I got too overwhelmed and frustrated, so I just wrote it on staff paper like I am used to doing. The transposition wheel that I have is really helpful. Mary and I made ravioli for dinner and then she had class and the rest of us went to orchestra. The brass trio sounds great. Matthew's trumpet really adds to the depth of the song. He likes to improvise a lot. Most of it sounds really good. Jeff plays his French horn and Daryl the euphonium. We are ready to play for reformation sunday. Mom H. will be here and is playing for the service.

Tomorrow Jeff will go get Sarah from college for a long weekend. I work till 1630 and then will be home doing laundry and if it is nice, maybe go to the football game. There should be a parade too. Sarah and Jeff should be back in Greenville around 1930. Saturday morning Mary will be writing an essay for a scholarship competition. It will be an early morning...registration is at 0800! We will be back for lunch and then there is a party in the afternoon. Brandon is coming home in the evening for a long weekend as well, so I am sure Mary will want to go spend time with him. Monday Mom arrives in Detroit, and Jeff and I will be going to pick her up in the afternoon. Sarah goes back Tuesday, so Gma will get to see everyone.

Guess that is all for now...

Grace