Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tuesday Took a Turn

Today was planned out for certain things to get done and things turned out very different. We ate the dinner I planned and I got a few projects done this morning, but the afternoon was like a whirlwind of stress!

Took the Prius into Grand Rapids to get the oil changed by the Toyota dealer. I had a coupon, plus I felt sure that they would know for sure how to maintain the Hybrid. Well, it wasn't that good of an experience. One of the service guys showed me that I had dirty air filters (Yes, they were dirty). However it seemed like $70 is a lot to pay for them. I was not prepared today to have that done. So I said I would think about it and come another time. When I picked up the car, the was a notation on the slip that said the filters were very dirty and the owner declined replacement. Reading between the lines, it said you are a bad car owner. Shame on you! As I drove away, I heard a terrible gear sound! I stopped, drove around the parking lot and could not replicate the noise, so I drove home. No problems. I stopped at Big Boy to get Mary an application for work. When I got back in the car and started it up and drove away the noise was back....I called Toyota and said I was coming back. Another 30 minute drive one way to have the fix what ever they broke. I dealt with another service person, whom I like and had before. Infact his son went to school with Sarah. He got the mechanic out and we rode together and the sound was replicated. He got out and discovered that there was a piece of metal bent on the wheel that the tire was hitting.. He was glad I brought it back and said there was no damage to the tire sensor wire, wheel, metal or tire! Yay! He's not sure how that happened, but I told him everything was fine until after the oil change. So far so good.

After driving another 40 minutes home, I had planned on talking about money planning, jobs and school. Well Mary had another blow by the theater department. Seems the director likes to say one thing and do another. Oh to the opening of new wounds. I am hoping that we can come to some resolution so we can all go on without bitterness. The money talk will have to wait.

Mary had Spanish class after dinner and then came home and is talking to her best friend and did her homework. Matt had a little nap and did his homework too. I am doing my homework, ~blogging! I want to write a report for music committee meeting too, since I will be at work tomorrow. Sarah comes home on Friday.

Jeff is on his way home from the Pastor's conference and should be home in about one hour from now. Yay!

That was my day in a large nutshell.

Grace

!!! Just realized that I lost another earring !!!!!! Darn !!!!