Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Time Is Up

Well since it is after midnight, I can say that my mom leaves today. We sure had a lot of fun. In just 8 hours, I will be driving her back to Detroit airport, along with my friend Norma. I am glad she can come along so I have a buddy to drive home with too.! Thanks Norma!

Sunday's service was superb. The music was awesome and Jeff's sermon was great. We had burgers on the grill for lunch and then we were off to the reformation service in Sidney. Mary and her musical friends were playing for an anthem. They played well and this service was nice, but much more "relaxed" and the ringing of the bells took several minutes. By the time we got home, we had a few hours before bowling. Mom and I did some stamp crafts for her to take home and Jeff took a needed nap. Matthew had his friend over and they played the Wii and even did some wrestling! Yikes! Bowling went really well for me. I bowled over average all three games. We took one point and our opponents took 3. Oh well, we still had fun!

I worked 5 hours on Monday and then spent the rest of the day with mom. Jeff left for military duty while I was at work. Matt and Grandma watched Ghostbusters, while Mary and I made chicken crescents for dinner. My kids choir and chime team rehearsals went well and the kids will sing on Sunday. Mary has been working on her cello costume for the orchestra concert tomorrow. It turned out nice. She brought Liam, the cello, home today to make sure she could play well with the costume on! It seemed to work out nicely and I took a picture. She did a great job. Mary's latest project is to crochet a Michigan blanket. She started it off with Grandma's help and then got several rows done. Grandma worked on it today while she was at school. It is coming along nicely, but there is a lot to go! Will it be done in time for the Michigan/Purdue game? She will be in the Big House next weekend and this weekend is a trip to Ann Arbor to hear the Detroit Symphony's Tchaikovsky concert! Still waiting to hear from U of M about her acceptance. We are trying to be patient, but others are getting their responses.


Mom and I had fun runnning around the stores today and then we enjoyed dinner at Applebee's before Mary went to College Spanish. Matthew drove home with a stop at the orchard and the car wash. My Prius is clean! Thanks Matt! Got some laundry done and played a game a scrabble. Mary won, Mom came in second and I had an awesome word~quaint! I wonder what points I would have scored? We just play without keeping score and the first person without letters wins! It is fun and less stressful!

Well, I'd better get to bed and rest before the big drive tomorrow~Orchestra concert to follow!

Grace

Today is the day to remember my wonderful Grandma Irene! Happy Birthday GG! I know she is happy in Heaven.