Friday, January 30, 2009

Flurries of Information

We had light but steady snow all day yesterday and received 1.5" total in the past 24 hours. Looks like some more of the same for part of the day. Sure beats the weather 6 weeks ago when we got dumped on with 8" of wet snow. That was the day of my surgery. We got several more inches the next night and Sunday just after I got home.

So it has been 6 weeks, and I will visit my doctor this morning. I am supposed to be ready to go back to work and to bowl too! I have kept a list of questions and concerns for the past few weeks that I will share with her. I'll be sure to post how my appointment went.

This afternoon the circus surrounding my job continues. Most of the nurses will meet at my client's house then go to Applebee's for a 2+ hour meeting. I have no idea what we are in for. I hope that they use the time wisely by showing us their time slips and charting procedures. My client's mom called me last night as expected, my hours are in jeopardy. Equal hours for everyone. Take from the "tenured" nurses and give to the new. She calls herself and conservative! Seniority/loyalty means nothing! I will see what the schedule looks like before I get too angry.

On a happier note, Mary bought a guitar last night. We spent an hour at this man's house listening to stories and then he gave her a lesson so to speak. I guess I was a little impressed that he wanted to know how much she play the guitar if she bought it. He could have just taken the money and said goodbye and good luck. Turns out he does some recording and invited us to bring Mary over to record her music, mainly to critique herself. While I am cautious, he knows and works with several decent people we know in town.

Matthew's baseball practices continue. He was supposed to go to pitching practice yesterday at 6 am. I just couldn't wake him up, so I let him sleep. Has has had some long hours and I don't want him to get sick.

Tomorrow will be an early morning, Mary has solo and ensemble before 9 am. It is held at a school over 1 hour away. Probably have to leave by 7am.

Guess that is all for now. I'll try to update later.

~Grace

Thanks to a friend who sent this to me:

FIVE BEST THINGS TO SAY IF YOU GET CAUGHT SLEEPING AT YOUR DESK:
NUMBER 5: They told me at the Blood Bank this might happen.
NUMBER 4: 'This is just a 15 minute power nap they raved about in the time-management course you sent me to.
NUMBER 3 : 'Whew! Guess I left the top off the White-out. You probably got here just in time!NUMBER 2: Did you ever notice sound coming out of these keyboards when you put your ear down real close?
Number 1 And MY all time Favorite: Best thing to say if you get caught sleeping at your desk: (Raising your head slowly) '...in Jesus' name, Amen'